Barrel recommendation

Kdc0824

FNG
I have a Rem model 7 in 7 saum that I am considering changing to 6.5 prc. Any barrel or smith recommendations? Leaning towards 18-20” and running a suppressor

83cj-7

WKR
I had a 6.5 SAUM (very similar to PRC) with a 20” barrel and I wouldn’t go any shorter. My top barrel picks are Bartlein, Krieger or Muellerworks.
Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes.com) is a great source for barrels and they can do the work too.

OP
K

Kdc0824

FNG
I had a 6.5 SAUM (very similar to PRC) with a 20” barrel and I wouldn’t go any shorter. My top barrel picks are Bartlein, Krieger or Muellerworks.
Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes.com) is a great source for barrels and they can do the work too.
Thank you! I have a 24” proof on my 6.5 Saum and wish I had gone 20 on it. Didn’t have the suppressor when I built it and clearly didn’t think about the oal

Any of the top barrel manufacturers will work. As far as smiths off the top of my head here's some very well known ones with good reputations for their work.

Longrifles Inc
TS Customs
Southern Precision Rifles
Kampfeld Custom
Beanland Custom Rifles
Preece Precision
5x5 Precision
Walls Rifles
ICE Rifles

Here's a list of some gunsmiths PRS guys use. Not saying that makes them any better, just maybe some of them would be worth a look.

Honestly buy once cry once bartlein or krieger all the way. You save maybe 200 bucks going with a button blank vs cut. And if you are lucky you can snag a blank from someone on the 2nd hand market and save some money there. That's what I did with my 223ai barrel and that krieger hammers.

I sure button blanks shoot good too but you're getting a better chance of a good shooter.