Barrel just blew up

j_volt

WKR
IMG_0129.jpegIMG_0126.jpegOld thread but wanted to share my story. I had a similar thing happen on an SBE2 while shooting Rio shells. It appeared the shell didn’t “uncrimp” and sent a slug-like projectile down the barrel. Rio replaced the barrel and sent me a case of shells.

View attachment 750974View attachment 750975Old thread but wanted to share my story. I had a similar thing happen on an SBE2 while shooting Rio shells. It appeared the shell didn’t “uncrimp” and sent a slug-like projectile down the barrel. Rio replaced the barrel and sent me a case of shells.

Glad you weren’t hurt, and that is some amazing customer service from Rio. Thanks for sharing. Should make anyone think twice about shooting cut shells.

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Out hunting Pheasants right now with the old dog and missed a bird that I normally drop, when I reloaded I noticed my barrel burst at the end. Shooting the factory correct choke, using Boss Tungsten with Copper Coating. No obstructions that I noticed.

Anyone have this happen before ?

Was gonna hit Benelli (gun is an Ethos) on Monday when they take calls, grabbed some photo’s immediately. Should I also hit Boss ?

Thanks
John

View attachment 625693View attachment 625694View attachment 625695View attachment 625696
Classic thin-walled pressurized cylinder failure. Have to consider an obstruction, perhaps? Glad you're ok!

WCB

WKR
? they recommended a new spring? Mostly primers are either struck hard enough to go off or not. When they do go off they ignite the powder. Firing pin has nothing to due with this situation. But it is Boss so.