Barnes tsx 130 success stories

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
Let’s see some mule deer that fell to the Barnes tsx 130! I’m gonna run the stock federal premiums this year out of my 6.5 creed and I’d love to see some success pics with it!

270Hunter

FNG
Mule deer, the first one would’ve done it, but he was standing still so I shot him again, blew up the lungs and had exit holes about the size of quarters on the opposite side. Shot him from 200ish yards
65492127552__858C2921-6731-4B79-A13D-CF4B0CD38CB1.jpeg

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Barnes factory 270 Winchester 130 grain ttsx 350 yards. This is the exit hole side. Bang flop

Attachments

• IMG_3450.png
    IMG_3450.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40

rclouse79

WKR
I shoot that bullet out of my .270. It has never failed me for deer, elk or bear when I do my part.

Let’s see some mule deer that fell to the Barnes tsx 130! I’m gonna run the stock federal premiums this year out of my 6.5 creed and I’d love to see some success pics with it!
I use the 140 in my 7 wby has only absolutely hammered the deer

LOVE this 270 bullet for Deer and Elk. One shot, one kill for 7 years in a row!
For a 270 do you like a heavier round? Or have tried a heavier round?
Barnes factory 270 Winchester 130 grain ttsx 350 yards. This is the exit hole side. Bang flop
have you tried any heavier rounds for your 270? Looking for a solid heavy hitting round for elk? Accepting all input

Vardley

FNG
I’ve used the Barnes TSX 130 with awesome results. Last year, I took a nice mule deer with them and it was a quick drop with minimal meat damage. I’m sure the Federal Premiums will do the job for you.

Not in a mono bullet
The 150gr Norma oryx is pure death on elk , deer , African plains game, caribou
It’s bonded, not cup and core
I’ll have to take a look at those not heard of them, I just want something that shoots flat and hammers elk & deer :)

TN2shot07

WKR
I’ve shot 130 grain ttsx out of a 270 for several years, always performed well on whitetails. A couple of years ago I put together a 308 with the intention of 150 or 168’s but it didn’t like either one, it loves the 130’s. It’s definitely not a long range bullet but those things are absolute hammers inside of 300.

For a 270 do you like a heavier round? Or have tried a heavier round?

have you tried any heavier rounds for your 270? Looking for a solid heavy hitting round for elk? Accepting all input

Experience with 270 on elk? Heavier round better? Lighter? Looking for any advice for my 270 win

I've used 130 grain out of a 270 win on both deer and elk with success- the Barnes included among them (Superperformance + Bergers of the same size as well).

If you haven't yet, I'd encourage you to listen to this and give some thought to it.

Exo Mtn Experience Project with @Formidilosus

It's not to say you have to go down the path of buying the smallest caliber possible. But, it may challenge the idea of a hunter needing a "heavy hitter" to ethically take an animal. All three parts are excellent.

I've used 130 grain out of a 270 win on both deer and elk with success- the Barnes included among them (Superperformance + Bergers of the same size as well).

If you haven't yet, I'd encourage you to listen to this and give some thought to it.

Exo Mtn Experience Project with @Formidilosus

It's not to say you have to go down the path of buying the smallest caliber possible. But, it may challenge the idea of a hunter needing a "heavy hitter" to ethically take an animal. All three parts are excellent.
I got Berger 168 for my 7mm and I’m excited about them
Just curious if a heavier round is better for elk for someone who isn’t a professional rifle shooter
I can hit what I’m aimed at but i by no means shoot rifles regularly I’m an archer and excellent behind a bow but I need to train a little more to become a proficient rifle shooter

MT_Fin

WKR
This one was a 6.5 TTSX, can’t remember if it was 130gr or not though. Was bedded above me with does nearby, wouldn’t get up for anything. Only shot was throat patch. Cartwheeled down the hill a short ways.

IMG_3168.jpeg