Bansner stocks?

I am going with the Classic rather than the Miller for two reasons: 1) I don’t love the look or feel of cheek pieces, so the Classic is the right call for me, and 2) the Classic weighs approx. 2oz less than the Miller as a result of not having a cheek piece.

I am going to see how well the rifle shoots and feels with the new stock (lead time sounds super short with Bansner right now, less rhan 2mos, another reason to go with them besides the fact that their Classic M70 stock weighs 2-4oz less than a McMillan Hunter with Edge fill). And if it feels too barrel heavy or doesn’t shoot as well as I’d like I’m going to send it to Douglas to rebarrel (approx. $525 total, great deal) with a 22” featherweight contour which weighs 2lbs…. Pardon the long, off-topic reply

I like how a cheek piece looks but that's all, I don't really care for stocks with them. Especially shooting with a rear bag.

I looked at specs long ago between the two stocks. I wanna say the Miller had a slightly higher comb and less drop at the heel, but I could be wrong.

Either way I think I would do a classic as well.

I am going with the Classic rather than the Miller for two reasons: 1) I don’t love the look or feel of cheek pieces, so the Classic is the right call for me, and 2) the Classic weighs approx. 2oz less than the Miller as a result of not having a cheek piece.

I am going to see how well the rifle shoots and feels with the new stock (lead time sounds super short with Bansner right now, less rhan 2mos, another reason to go with them besides the fact that their Classic M70 stock weighs 2-4oz less than a McMillan Hunter with Edge fill). And if it feels too barrel heavy or doesn’t shoot as well as I’d like I’m going to send it to Douglas to rebarrel (approx. $525 total, great deal) with a 22” featherweight contour which weighs 2lbs…. Pardon the long, off-topic reply
Same for me. Mine has a 24inch barrel and it balances great for me. I will say it again, it makes a LA B&C look and feel like a log.

One note, make sure you note what bottom metal you’ll be using. 2 piece vs 1 piece are VERY different inlets.

Same for me. Mine has a 24inch barrel and it balances great for me. I will say it again, it makes a LA B&C look and feel like a log.

One note, make sure you note what bottom metal you’ll be using. 2 piece vs 1 piece are VERY different inlets.
For sure. 1 piece aluminum all the way. Pacific Tool and Guage sells an Oberndorf one piece bottom metal that allows a 4th magnum round to be stored if your rifle is magnum, but will work for standard chamberings too, not sure if it allows a 6th standard round to pack in or not. Also, I talked to Douglas barrels today and they will make a #1 light sporter contour 24” if requested, and that would come in at just over 2.25lbs. Solid option for a custom ultra-light barrel without compromising on full length.

That is a super sexy set-up there…

I certainly have enjoyed this rifle. It was my wedding gift to myself few years back. here’s a little better picture of it.

ca73c5d05828e5a78f27d462319467ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone stated they didnt like cheekpieces on there stocks.nothing wrong with that,but marks original with the cheek piece was to me perfect.no recoil issue with cheek weld.

300 Win Mag:

Kevin Weaver (Weaver Rifles) is putting together a .270 Win FN Mauser 98 mtn rifle for me at the moment using Banser’s previous company’s stock (Hi Tech?) which has a cheek piece. Excited to get to shoot that too and see how it handles recoil and hope to have the same experience as you. Cheers

I wouldn’t mind having one of these for my EWSS 30-06. I wonder if their sheep hunter stock would work on my xcr2 375HH, it would be cool to lighten that one up just a bit.

I wouldn’t mind having one of these for my EWSS 30-06. I wonder if their sheep hunter stock would work on my xcr2 375HH, it would be cool to lighten that one up just a bit.
Both of those rifles would look and carry so nice with a Bansner stock. Question: are you very particular about carry the .30-06 EWSS for certain applications and .375 HnH XCR2 for others, or do they both fill multiple hunting applications?

Both of those rifles would look and carry so nice with a Bansner stock. Question: are you very particular about carry the .30-06 EWSS for certain applications and .375 HnH XCR2 for others, or do they both fill multiple hunting applications?

They both fill multiple roles, the 375 is my main thing for moose and bears, 30-06 is good for most everything else.

Just stumbled on this thread after looking to see if Bansners were still making stocks. Glad to hear they are again. I have 3 guns with them on, and built a 4th for a customer. Quite a bit of smith work to finish but absolutely love the feel and weight of them. This is my last one, 700 LH in 6.5-285, gun weighs 5lbs 1oz without the scope.E2603806-18E8-493F-80D3-79B728F5C966.jpeg

Just ordered one for my mod 70 short action 300 wsm. Need to get my barrel threaded also for a good brake. Stoked to finally outfit this rifle with something nice as I've put 3 stocks on it over the years. A laminated thumbhole, factory Tupperware and a bell and Carlson. Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just ordered one for my mod 70 short action 300 wsm. Need to get my barrel threaded also for a good brake. Stoked to finally outfit this rifle with something nice as I've put 3 stocks on it over the years. A laminated thumbhole, factory Tupperware and a bell and Carlson. Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Switching from the B & C to the Bansner is going to blow your mind and make you very very happy.

What would you value and older Banser stock at? Has signs of obvious use but still in very good shape. Might need upgrades on the recoil pad but over good shape

I have a High Tech Specialities (early Bansner) stock on my custom Mauser 98 35 AI, had it on the gun for 18 years. I had them install the recoil pad. Great stock! Very light weight and a good value back then. I was looking to pick up another a month or so ago with the new carbon fiber/ fiberglass construction. The website does say they only do M70 and Rem 700 now. I emailed them asking if they were able to still make them for the M98, never got back to me. Finding it harder and harder to get responses from companies anymore if they don't already have what you want.
Try giving them a call again. Ben or Adam are very helpful and I know they are finally up and running again with Mauser 98 inletting etc. I ordered my classic Bansner stock for my FN supreme last week

Had one on a Rem700 years ago. I liked the ergos but sent it down the road. I think they'll sell a bunch more if they inlet for Tikkas

Back