Ballistic Apps

I’ve used StrelokPro for awhile now. Played with Hornady 4DOF and got the Shooter app recently. StrelokPro has been pretty accurate for me. Hornady has for a few bullets and way off for others. Have not used the shooter yet but comparing side by side seems similar to Hornady.

Here’s a screenshot from each all with same data entered. I know the StrelokPro data is good cause I’ve shot it. What gives on the differences? Any thoughts? What app are you using?

StrelokPro
ac14b2b7575761bfa22188d2c4742471.jpg

Shooter
1d6e6bbe8d368bc19cf1570a9b0af6ef.jpg

Hornady
4f080c658b19228d6bbcc89604e0ea74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I have used 4dof and liked it got their kestrel as I didn’t have one. I like the zero angle feature, other apps might have something similar. From NE so probably a little biased.

Reactions: Duh

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Here’s a screenshot from each all with same data entered. I know the StrelokPro data is good cause I’ve shot it. What gives on the differences? Any thoughts? What app are you using?

You have an input that is off somewhere in Strelok. None of these apps should have elevation differences of more than .1 mil to at least 800 yards.

OP
Jake Leibke
You have an input that is off somewhere in Strelok. None of these apps should have elevation differences of more than .1 mil to at least 800 yards.

Strelok is the one that spits out the correct numbers for me. I’ll have to double check but I used the same inputs I have on strelok on the others. All 3 read the weather off a kestrel within 10 min of each other.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Strelok is the one that spits out the correct numbers for me. I’ll have to double check but I used the same inputs I have on strelok on the others. All 3 read the weather off a kestrel within 10 min of each other.

Then there is an error somewhere in the Strelok one. The base programs they run are so close there should be no difference until quite long ranges.

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I have ran applied ballistics, then got a kestrel and ziess rf bino's. I typically set up a profile in a.b. then the kestrel and ziess, shoot what zeiss is telling me and confirm with kestrel and once it is pretty bang on I update everything in the a.b. kind of another place to store profiles and for quick reference

OP
Jake Leibke
Then there is an error somewhere in the Strelok one. The base programs they run are so close there should be no difference until quite long ranges.

Went back and double checked everything. I did have 1 input different in the strelok app. Scope height at 2” vs 1.5” with the other 2. Switched them all to 2” and voila they all read the same.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Went back and double checked everything. I did have 1 input different in the strelok app. Scope height at 2” vs 1.5” with the other 2. Switched them all to 2” and voila they all read the same.

I always cross check to ensure I didn’t get an error in there.