Badlands 2200 upgrade

Neilbob

FNG
Classified Approved
I have a badlands 2200 and am thinking about upgrading soon. I’ve had it for a few years and it’s done okay. Mainly use it as a day pack, but have helped pack out two elk with it. I’ve read that it’s night and day hauling heavy loads between the badlands and higher quality packs. In what way specifically? General comfort, ability to haul more weight, etc.

My hips tend to be the first thing to bother me when carrying weight, so I’m constantly readjusting the belt to shift weight off my hips and to my shoulders. Then when the shoulders get sore, back to the hips. Would a higher quality pack help the hips, or do I just have bad hips? Thanks for any insight.

Marble

WKR
I have a badlands 2200 and am thinking about upgrading soon. I’ve had it for a few years and it’s done okay. Mainly use it as a day pack, but have helped pack out two elk with it. I’ve read that it’s night and day hauling heavy loads between the badlands and higher quality packs. In what way specifically? General comfort, ability to haul more weight, etc.

My hips tend to be the first thing to bother me when carrying weight, so I’m constantly readjusting the belt to shift weight off my hips and to my shoulders. Then when the shoulders get sore, back to the hips. Would a higher quality pack help the hips, or do I just have bad hips? Thanks for any insight.
The bigger badlands packs are not great for heavy loads. If you are uncomfortable with the weight on your hips, it's probably more a reflection of the belt quality. The higher end packs have better belts, frames and suspension systems that make heavy loads much more comfortable.

If you plan on packing out elk, or heavy loads, get something from Kifaru, stone glacier, Exo mystery ranch.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk