Bad Unsolicited Advice

intunegp

WKR
Bad unsolicited advice seems to be more common than good. I think it just highlights the importance of knowing the rules/regulations like the back of your hand. Plenty of people probably would have gone and shot some sage grouse off the road and been happy that kind stranger shared his honey hole with them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah he's a felon and doesn't even know it. You have to have your form 1 filed and returned, your serial number with your name and information engraved into the suppressor before you can even drill it out. I did a solvent trap rimfire can several years ago. I bought suppressors from manufacturers for larger rifles but for messing around with a 22 the other cans can work decent.
Im sure it works fine, I was just shocked how open he was about just telling me what he'd done like it didn't matter.....about 3 minutes after meeting him. I didn't even feel like having a conversation about it so I just played dumb.

CO - I was packing out a bull solo during 1st rifle a few years back. I got extremely lucky as it was unseasonably warm that year and was one of the only few at the TH that had any success. Probably the slowest elk tag I've ever hunted and just ran into one, right place right time.

I had a non-res (won't mention the southern state that rhymes with Deorgia) tell me that he wasn't doing very well so he was maybe going to head home and come back for a 2nd season bull and if it stayed warm he'd come back for 3rd. He was a little frustrated because he had family commitments and couldn't make 4th if he had to. I told him I didn't think that's how colorado rifle tags worked and before I could explain the concept behind only 1 A-tag he cut me off and assured me when he drew his tag it was good for all 4 seasons and that's how he killed his bull the year before and the draw was only for the specific zone.

I started to tell him the season dates were printed right on his license but was tired and rather than arguing I wished him well I hiked off. I hope he smartened up since but got the impression this was going to be his tradition until mr. green jeans caught up with him. I would love to see the look on a wardens face when he ran into the guy with a bull during 4th rifle tagged with a 1st rifle tag only to find out he's been hunting all 4 seasons for how many years.

I guess this was me trying to offer unsolicited (IMO) good advice but I walked away wondering how he didn't fall down more often.

Rich M

WKR
Sometimes it is better to just nod and say thanks.

Who cares if someone shoots a grouse off a road or out of a tree? Same sport either way.