Bad Lapua?

OP
MuleyFever
I assume this is virgin brass that hasn't been FL sized? Running it through a sizing die might get you squared away but Lapua shouldn't be shipping brass like that.

Straight out of the box. That's exactly what I told them in my email.

Vern400

WKR
I bought 2 boxes of 7mm-08 Lapua brass and they have the same lot number. I have shot through the 1st box with no issues. Loaded a few out of the 2nd box and went to the range today. First round I pushed the bolt and it stopped just short of fully forward and the round was jammed in the chamber. Well, crap, I dont have a rod with me to push it out so I had to go home.

I get home and push it out. Take one of the unloaded pieces of brass and go to chamber it and same thing. I still have a few unloaded cases from the 1st box so try one and it cycles fine. I start measuring the unloaded brass and the neck on the 2nd box measures .01 wider than the neck on the 1st box. The body is the same. I have a couple of loaded rounds from the 1st box so I measure a loaded round from each and the 2nd box is about .008 wider at the neck. Bullets are all from the same box but I grabbed some and they all measure the same.

It appears that the case wall on the neck is thicker on the 2nd box. Anyone else seen this happen?
Case thickness should be 0.015 inch. Yes it happens. I'm a little picky so I neck turn to 0.0145 thickness and what comes off in chips can be pretty surprising between one case and another. So of course I don't shoot much factory ammo. If it's out of spec they should replace it. You can probably find the saami spec and confirm