Bad habits

bpurtz

WKR
I wish I was more disciplined about resetting my turret after a shot when hunting. I always remember, but sometimes not until I’m putting away the rifle (i.e., clearing the chamber, putting on scope cover, folding up bipod, etc.)
My son missed a cow elk at 50 yards because I forgot to return to zero after shooting 900 yards at the range...

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You have it right. I think integral rails are better, if they can be machined correctly. The main downside for me, though, is that for hunting rifles, I tend to prefer hinged floorplates rather than detachable magazines, all else being equal. A full length rail can make it hard to load and unload from the top. I often use two piece bases for that reason.
What about the integral split section rails? Wouldn't that solve your issue?
Like a kelbly nanook or bat vesper

Have you had one that wasn't machined correctly?
No, but it just makes me nervous. It strikes me as an extraordinarily complex bit of machine work to make a receiver with an integral rail. I assume (and we know what assumptions are worth), that this is the reason more manufacturers don't do it.

I'd be happy to be educated on the subject.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No, but it just makes me nervous. It strikes me as an extraordinarily complex bit of machine work to make a receiver with an integral rail. I assume (and we know what assumptions are worth), that this is the reason more manufacturers don't do it.

I'd be happy to be educated on the subject.
It’s because it costs more for larger stock and takes longer in the machine. That’s all. Precision in the CNC is perfect.

I hook all of my rifles through the scope and pull them up in the treestand. I don't like staring down a barrel as I pull them up into the tree.

Never had an issue.

Having said that, I don't carry them like that. Can't image it would matter but I just don't want to look like a wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
, I don't carry them like that. Can't image it would matter but I just don't want to look like a wanker.
you know...I think thats the first time I've even been called a wanker 🤣

I carry my gun by the scope AND wear mismatched camo so I might be wanker #1

I have carried my gun by the scope heaps, I nearly always neck size, and strangely I never seem to have problems

Reactions: WKR