Backpack Hunting tripod

I use a center column with a panning head (Sirui VA-5), while glassing. Then when it’s time to stalk/shoot, I’ll remove the center column and attach an Anvil 30 to the tripod yoke, by using a washer and bolt. The silver lever, used for height adjustment when using a center column, will clamp down against the tapered profile of the Anvil 30’s stem. It does so with relatively light tension. But will not flip up unintentionally. It’s really a non-issue. I’ve been really happy with my tripod setup this way. Easy to swap back and forth between glassing and shooting configurations.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
The anvil is attached to tfct tripod. I’ll use an arca plate with the pan head to glass. Then just remove to shoot with the anvil. Makes life simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see. So you attach a panhead to the Anvil head via an Arca plate?

I’ll get a picture when I get home but it’s basically just threaded on like any of their other ball heads but you have to get the platform version rather than the integrated head.

Edit:
In the mean time here is a photo I found online.
View attachment 533218
I have the same setup but I’m worried that the Anvil head attached to the center column is just screwed in and if panning left while locked it can unscrew easily, how do you manage this?

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same setup but I’m worried that the Anvil head attached to the center column is just screwed in and if panning left while locked it can unscrew easily, how do you manage this?

Honestly I locked the ball head down and used the rifle as leverage to tighten it then simply leave it partially open when the rifle is in. This is enough to hold the rifle in place and a bit more tension firmly locks it while still allowing the ball to slip before the head starts to unthread. It also gives you a place to rest your hand to control the tension.

IMG_9157.jpeg