Backpack for heavy rifle carry, field competition, frame/no frame recommendations requested

Hi all,

Happy Independence Day. I’m looking for a recommendation for a pack with a primary purpose of being able to carry a rifle (22lb AI AX), tripod, ammo, LRF etc. for a field match I have coming up. I have been going back and forth on frame vs. no frame packs for awhile and figured this would be a good place for advice. The match is 2 days and the stages are spaced across a 3 mile hilly hike. I currently have an Eberlestock Gunrunner H2, but I think trying to make it work for this would be an uphill battle. I would likely be using the OBI link system to keep the rifle on the pack, but I’m open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv used a bunch from small to full size frame. I prefer the stone glacier avail. I’d probably buy the Tolkeen if it was available when I bought. Depending on your rifle the gun bearer deal may or may not work well. But if that’s a no go a sling would be my preference.

I may try one of the obi links eventually too. It seems perfect for a smaller range setup

OP
S
Iv used a bunch from small to full size frame. I prefer the stone glacier avail. I’d probably buy the Tolkeen if it was available when I bought. Depending on your rifle the gun bearer deal may or may not work well. But if that’s a no go a sling would be my preference.

I may try one of the obi links eventually too. It seems perfect for a smaller range setup
The OBI link is what I was looking at on a framed pack initially. Curious why you think it’s more suitable for smaller ranges?

Lawnboi

WKR
The OBI link is what I was looking at on a framed pack initially. Curious why you think it’s more suitable for smaller ranges?
Weight being held by a single attachment. Versus 2 on a sling or gun bearer. I’d like one just to keep an arm free when I don’t want to really break everything down.

I’m talking the obi on a shoulder strap

Eberlestock has the most variety of packs with scabbards. I've used a j34 in the past.

I currently use a kifaru mountain rambler that attaches to a Kifaru duplex frame. It's much more comfortable than the j34 but is more expensive.

Crews

FNG
What about a Kifaru frame and Stryker XL bag? I think the load sling is just about perfect to carry a heavy rifle right up against a rigid frame. Just slide it right in and out of the open top. Water bottle pocket for the tripod and other loose stuff in the bag.

I do the exact same thing with mine during deer season and liked it 100% more than the Eberlestock system with built in scabbard.