Backpack for 2-3 Days

Hi everyone, I am headed on an archery mule deer hunt in Colorado.

My plan is to camp roughly 5-5.5 miles from the trailhead based on where I’m hoping to hunt. I’ve done day trips scouting.

My longest stay is going to be 2 nights for a Monday PM, Tuesday AM/PM, Wednesday AM hunt, then I need to get back for a day of work before the weekend. The other trips will be 1 nighters.

I have a Kuiu Icon pro 7200 (older bag) and a Pro 3600.

Which bag should I take? I can fit everything I need in the Pro 3600 but it’s 100% full at that point. The Icon 7200 doesn’t have a load sling.

I think I’m overthinking this, but is there anything I should immediately consider?

You are overthinking it. Asking a question like that on here will just get you a bunch of opinions (cuz like a Butthole everyone has one) and make you even more unsure. Just go hunt with the 3600 if that’s what you want to do. If it doesn’t work use the other one next time.

Drenalin

WKR.
If your stuff fits in the 3600 without you having to tetris it in, that's what I'd use. I've done some 3-day winter trips (backpacking/camping not hunting) out of the 3600 and had room for a couple more days of food. I have a hard time imagining the need for 7200 ci for that short a trip, but that depends on the rest of your gear.

OP
T
here’s another opinion (this is what I warned about). There’s way better packs out there that also have the 4-5000 range.
Yeah I was originally gifted the 7200 with frame and suspension, so I didn’t want to get a whole new system.

I’ve been looking at the metcalf.