Backcountry Watch

PintsOfCraft

Lil-Rokslider
+1 For Suunto. I've accepted its quirks and have used it for several years. If the Suunto breaks, I'll probably go ProTrek to save a couple bucks. Solar would be a big plus.

Casio Forester here.
Just need a wake up alarm w/o having to leave phone on.... power management is huge in the backcountry.
As for altitude, temp, north/south.... GPS covers that. Besides I already know where I am and where I'm going..... most of the time. ;)
Hunt'nFish

I recommend the Suunto Traverse, its a new watch from Suunto. I have been using it for the last three months (admittedly mostly for ski touring and mountaineering) but I couldn't be happier. Its basically a paired down version of the Ambit3. I didn't need all the fancy training data stuff, I just wanted a watch that I could navigate with (in addition to being an ABC watch). Its super easy to use does exactly what I need it to.

rob_E

FNG
All black Citizen Ecodrive
Requires no battery and has no frills.

976ebbb799407fd8b7533fe57c984fbd.jpg

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running a Casio Protrek ABC but I've been looking at the Garmin Fenix 3...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jimbo V

WKR
+1 For Suunto. I've accepted its quirks and have used it for several years. If the Suunto breaks, I'll probably go ProTrek to save a couple bucks. Solar would be a big plus.

If it breaks send it back. They repaired my old one for free then replaced it for free when I broke it beyond repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARCHER11

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running the Suunto Traverse Alpha. I've had a lot of fun with the thing so far but they're pricey and I likely wouldn't have one if I had to pay for it myself. I use the GAIA GPS app on my phone and the more I use it the more i'm impressed. I've had it for 4-5 years now with very few complaints. For $20 bucks it does everything I would ever want out of a GPS.