Backcountry toiletry arrangement

On a pack in hunt with 2 or 3 hunters with a camp set up, do you dig a hole that all use or does everyone wander off somewhere and dig there own holes?

I'm not giving out my spots, buddies can find their own.

On a humorous note: During the 4th rifle season this past fall, my mini hand sanitizer bottle must have partially froze hard enough to pop the cap open and the TP it shares a quart baggie with became soaked in disinfectant. My ass has probably never been so clean nor stung so much! The hand sanitizer gets a seperate baggie now!

OP
P
Is there no danger of wandering into your buddies repository? Some of those high country areas seem pretty devoid of trees. I was mainly wondering if each guy picks a clump of trees and everyone else avoids it. Urinating is wherever but #2 is another matter, don't want your buddies poo on your boot. I usually bury mine but my terrain is covered with trees.

GotDraw?

WKR
At base camp, we dig a pit. We go out for two weeks and have 3-4 people in camp. It just saves a ton of time and hassle to dig one pit, one time and be done w/it.

JL

OP
P
At base camp, we dig a pit. We go out for two weeks and have 3-4 people in camp. It just saves a ton of time and hassle to dig one pit, one time and be done w/it.

JL

That works for a basecamp for sure, my family had a camp in the same spot for about 20 years and they had a pit dug and plastic surrounding it for a makeshift outhouse. I am more wondering about backpacking in a couple miles+ and hunting from there.

We usually just have a general area that we will clear out all fist size rocks, kick out a hole, take care business, kick dirt over it then put a rock on top. When you go over to that area, you know not to mess with the spots that have a rock on top.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Man this is another reason why I like hunting solo. With my luck I would find my buddies pile in the dark first thing in the morning.

I'm not giving out my spots, buddies can find their own.

On a humorous note: During the 4th rifle season this past fall, my mini hand sanitizer bottle must have partially froze hard enough to pop the cap open and the TP it shares a quart baggie with became soaked in disinfectant. My ass has probably never been so clean nor stung so much! The hand sanitizer gets a seperate baggie now!

Unfortunately I keep trying to imagine you hunting with a rimfire. ;)