Backcountry back/side stabilizer

Going on a high country mule deer hunt. Wondering if I should take my back bar off to keep my weight down. Or is accuracy worth it? I’ve been shooting without it and I’m always fighting to get my bubble where it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thanks guys. Figured I knew my answer already, just wanted to hear it from someone else. Happy hunting!

I did pull my back bar last year for elk season and just had to practice a bunch to get used to how it felt. Not sure how good an idea it was, but worked for that bow at that time.

lintond

WKR
I run my back bar year round. I’ve found that in the heat of the moment leveling can often go out the window in my shot process so having a setup that is more likely to be level is good.

Zdub02

WKR
I tinkered with my front and back bars earlier this spring. I can take my front bar off to save weight and maintain accuracy, but I CANNOT remove the back bar. The balance is just too off and like you, I was fighting to level the bow. Maybe consider losing the front bar or like others said, don't mess with it if it's shooting for you.

OP
J
I tinkered with my front and back bars earlier this spring. I can take my front bar off to save weight and maintain accuracy, but I CANNOT remove the back bar. The balance is just too off and like you, I was fighting to level the bow. Maybe consider losing the front bar or like others said, don't mess with it if it's shooting for you.

Thanks for the input. I think I’m going to go from a 15” front to 10” front and keep my 8” on the back. Didnt realize how much that back bar has helped me level out the last few years.

Easiest part to mess up is the shot when you’re nervous. I won’t cut weight off the bow I’ve been using that’s balanced and I know how it reacts when I draw/release.