Back stabilizer

Tcsmith09

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone run a rear stab, I’m considering one on my bow to offset my quiver and sight. I find the bow leaning that way when in full draw. Any recommendations? Or tips for rear stabilizer and what brands are good

big44a4

WKR
Anything offset will work. One of the cheaper options is a bee stinger counterslide type of setup. But check classifieds here. I use a stokerized stasis now (got here on classifieds a few years back). Have to tinker with angle and weights whenever you do get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
So I just added one and I really like to shoot with it. But I do not like to carry it. It balances the bow, makes it way heavier, makes it slightly awkward to set down, makes it super quiet with the extra dampening and overall I'm not sure yet.

Another solution I use on my backcountry bow, carbon spyder, is an attachment that let's my front stab sit offset. Its aluminum and weighs nothing, yet it takes the weight of my front stab and sets it off to the side to counter balance my full quiver.

Works for me.

weeble19

FNG
I run a 12” front bar with 6 ounces and an 8” back bar with 9 ounces. I’m a Western hunter and really like how the back bar makes my bow feel. To me it holds so much steadier and I have to put minimal, if any, effort to level it. I haven’t had a problem with hiking and stalking but I’m also not an expert at stalking so take my advice for what it’s worth.

wapitibob

WKR
Brand isn’t important, setup takes some tinkering. You’re after a steadier aim, recoil management, and a bit of balance which ties back into the sight picture. I’m running a 22” up front and a 12” in back this year.118944

OP
T

Tcsmith09

Lil-Rokslider
So I just added one and I really like to shoot with it. But I do not like to carry it. It balances the bow, makes it way heavier, makes it slightly awkward to set down, makes it super quiet with the extra dampening and overall I'm not sure yet.

Another solution I use on my backcountry bow, carbon spyder, is an attachment that let's my front stab sit offset. Its aluminum and weighs nothing, yet it takes the weight of my front stab and sets it off to the side to counter balance my full quiver.

Works for me.
I am trying to figure out if I want to do the attachment to the front stab or just go separate

OP
T

Tcsmith09

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. For those who have one would you put the back bar on separate or do one of those all in one set up like the bee stinger hunter Xtreme kit

Marble

WKR
I am trying to figure out if I want to do the attachment to the front stab or just go separate
I think for weight management I like the small attachment that offsets the front. I dont see myself shooting super far at a bull and I like the lighter weight. I'll put my defiant away in a week or so and shoot my spyder exclusively.

But for coming up on target and shooting distance I like them both.

Anything offset will work. One of the cheaper options is a bee stinger counterslide type of setup. But check classifieds here. I use a stokerized stasis now (got here on classifieds a few years back). Have to tinker with angle and weights whenever you do get one.

Bee stinger still well over $100 right? Anyone know anything for the budget minded ?

big44a4

WKR
Bee stinger still well over $100 right? Anyone know anything for the budget minded ?

The counter slide goes for $115 new I believe. Sure you can find one used for cheaper. I got my stasis for $140 shipped I think. So be patient and look around.

TX_Diver

WKR
I think for weight management I like the small attachment that offsets the front. I dont see myself shooting super far at a bull and I like the lighter weight. I'll put my defiant away in a week or so and shoot my spyder exclusively.

But for coming up on target and shooting distance I like them both.

Does anyone make an attachment that allows you to offset any front stabilizer? Currenty using a quivalizer so a non-issue but may play around with some other stuff through winter...

DeepForks

FNG
I run the back bar on my carbon bow and just the front stabilizer on my aluminum bow.
The balance and stabilization I get with the front/back bars on my carbon bow is night and day. Because it is so light, the extra weight and stabilizers help out tremendously. Especially in windy conditions.
I never take off my quiver so the counterbalance is helpful.
I run the Bee Stingers and haven't had a problem with them.

I had a Beestinger counter slide for awhile but it was heavy. I had to add more weight than I wanted to in order to balance my bow with a TIghtspot quiver. I run front stab and a back bar now and am happy with the setup. Kicking the back bar out seems to balance the bow without as much weight needed compared to the counterslide.

Gamover06

FNG
I was not a fan of the counter slid. I prefer the back bar with a quick detach. I don't know if I will ever not have a back bar. When I draw back it is already level and it holds so well after the shot. I love not having the bow fall out. You can get stingers on camofire for a decent price ever now and then.