Back Packs

Dan MT

FNG
Seems that I now prefer an Eberlestock F1 for Bow Season and my Kifaru Multipack & Frame for Gun. How about you? Do you rotate packs over the course of a season?

Carlin59

WKR
I rotate based more on type of hunt than strictly season. Day hunts =.357 mag. Multi day hunts = EMR II. The ENR II was the do it all for years, but have really appreciated adding the smaller .357 for day hunts /scouting.

Yes. In spring, I put a dt2 on my tactical frame. For spring backpack fishing. Then convert it over to a custom bag in the fall. My light frame Carrie’s the hell bender or dt3. I think I’m going to run the 44 mag this spring though.

Sadler

WKR
I use the 22mag and Hoodlum depending on the length of my hunts. This year I’m trying the K4 5000 for long hunts and their smaller 2200 pack for day hunts.

Sometimes. The Hoodlum is my pack of choice but sometimes just doesnt seem quite large enough. Thats when i have to break out the DT1 on Tactical Frame.

nobody

WKR
Wait, you guys have enough money for multiple packs? I had to sell a kidney and a jar of farts on OnlyFans just to afford the only pack I have…

Does selling my old packs and buying three of the new K4 count? I hate changing bags so I have an archery pack, a rifle pack, and one for scouting. I like having them ready to go without moving stuff around. Put together first aid, possibles, and kill kits for each.

I use the 22mag and Hoodlum depending on the length of my hunts. This year I’m trying the K4 5000 for long hunts and their smaller 2200 pack for day hunts.
How many days do you think you can push the 22 mag from spring-fall? I have both the mystery ranch sawtooth 45 and Beartooth 80 and both feel like "too much bag" for 2-3 day outings.

rclouse79

WKR
The only thing I am going to do different is go no lid for archery. I found a cool way to attach my bowspider to my k4 without the lid.

Sadler

WKR
How many days do you think you can push the 22 mag from spring-fall? I have both the mystery ranch sawtooth 45 and Beartooth 80 and both feel like "too much bag" for 2-3 day outings.
I’ve only done overnighters with it in September. With a lid and two large pockets I’m sure I could do 2-3 days if I pack light, which I rarely do. I always seem to overpack.

Dcronce

FNG
Seems that I now prefer an Eberlestock F1 for Bow Season and my Kifaru Multipack & Frame for Gun. How about you? Do you rotate packs over the course of a season?
I wish I could afford multiple packs but my Exo seems to work for most situations

I’ve only done overnighters with it in September. With a lid and two large pockets I’m sure I could do 2-3 days if I pack light, which I rarely do. I always seem to overpack.
Thats exactly what my plan is, and if I get desperate I can use the meat shelf for a small dry bag. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and sell my MR bags.
Do you like the kifaru waist belts? The MR guidelight mt frames ones are phenomenal

Sadler

WKR
Thats exactly what my plan is, and if I get desperate I can use the meat shelf for a small dry bag. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and sell my MR bags.
Do you like the kifaru waist belts? The MR guidelight mt frames ones are phenomenal
Yeah it’s the one that fits me best. The K4 is right there too. Both are very comfortable.