Aziak Equipment VA-5 Carbon Fiber Handle

Haven’t seen this yet so I figured I’d make folks aware it existed. I just picked up an Aziak bino clamp so I figured I’d throw in their Carbon Fiber Handle in the cart too. I was able to cut off 2 oz for $30 with no apparent decline in performance in the hour I’ve spent playing with it since. $15/oz in reduction seems pretty reasonable to me.

Attachments

• 39648A34-855E-41A7-8ECF-4625219F7DCD.jpeg
    39648A34-855E-41A7-8ECF-4625219F7DCD.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 117
  • FAB544BD-6F39-4422-AF6E-CEF81F285BA4.jpeg
    FAB544BD-6F39-4422-AF6E-CEF81F285BA4.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 116

slowelk

WKR
I cut my sirui handle down significantly. I thought it was too long.

@carsonkeys how do you like their bino mount? I have the RRS one, and it’s bulkier than I’d prefer.

OP
carsonkeys
I cut my sirui handle down significantly. I thought it was too long.

@carsonkeys how do you like their bino mount? I have the RRS one, and it’s bulkier than I’d prefer.
Only had it for a day but initial impressions are good. I like that I don’t have a post or anything else to lose and it does fit in my bino harness. I also didn’t notice it while handholding the binos, which I was concerned about. Overall, I think I’ll enjoy it and was able to shave some weight to boot.

slowelk

WKR
Only had it for a day but initial impressions are good. I like that I don’t have a post or anything else to lose and it does fit in my bino harness. I also didn’t notice it while handholding the binos, which I was concerned about. Overall, I think I’ll enjoy it and was able to shave some weight to boot.

Does it lock-in pretty well to the va-5 head? There's not a lot of surface area on their dovetail.

Marty

Lil-Rokslider
Great product; simple lightweight solution. I've got my eyes on Aziak for more good stuff in the future.

2rjs

FNG
Just as a FYI for Benro users. This handle works great for the S2. I've been using it for a while and much prefer it over the stantard Benro handle.

Has anyone else tried using the VA-5 with the handle simply taken off? I haven't had a problem with simply steering my spotter by handling the spotter directly. Saving even more weight for free.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else tried using the VA-5 with the handle simply taken off? I haven't had a problem with simply steering my spotter by handling the spotter directly. Saving even more weight for free.

Both of my va-5 heads are ran without a handle. Super easy to control binos and my btx/95 without it. I held onto the handles for a while but finally tossed them as I’ll never want to run a handle again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Both of my va-5 heads are ran without a handle. Super easy to control binos and my btx/95 without it. I held onto the handles for a while but finally tossed them as I’ll never want to run a handle again!

Interesting. I found myself running mine without the handle even tho the handle was on it. Maybe I’ll try taking it off

OP
carsonkeys

Ohhhh, I like that idea. Going to give that a go next hunt. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

BigVick04

FNG
Yep, I believe dropping the handle/bolt assembly saves you 4-5oz.

I enjoy the aziak handle and for the weight savings it’s definitely a cheaper option to lighten up the pack. Has worked very well so far and as it’s carbon fiber so it doesn’t get crazy cold like the factory metal handle would if the foam was removed or you grab it closer to the tripod head. I’ll have to try just using the head with out the handle and it see if it works for me.