Aziak Backcountry Lite Tripod

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of that ball head. Have been eying the tricer tripod (I have the big one, but want a smaller version too) the ball head appears to lock and be able to pan horizontally? Would it hold up to shooting a 300 win mag off of it? (Not a ton, but a few times at least)

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Website specs say 15.5” collapsed without a head. Probably gonna have to try one out. 18.9 oz with the shorter center column.

Drenalin

WKR
This is a very attractive optics tripod, and not a bad price. I’ll be very interested to see some feedback on it and the ball head.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
i was thinking of trying out one of the tricer options, either the AD or BC, but this guy has me second guessing. The tricer can handle approx double the weight as per specs, but I dont clamp my rifle to my tripod, and use a 65mm spotter.

ChrisAU

WKR
What is the price ?

Looks like a great tripod. Exactly what I want and nothing that I don't. Please give some feedback after it gets used.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
They are available now. I couldn't resist, ordered mine this morning.
looking forward to your impressions, i havent order one yet. I wanted to wait to see some reviews/videos on it. I am curious is it is TOO light weight, and is to shaky.

ChrisAU

WKR
looking forward to your impressions, i havent order one yet. I wanted to wait to see some reviews/videos on it. I am curious is it is TOO light weight, and is to shaky.

Well since 2020 I've been using an Aoka with a Sunway center extension that in total weights 16.4 oz. I'm looking forward to moving to this heavy-weight tripod lol. But in all seriousness my biggest griped with the Aoka is getting the legs wide enough to get in a comfortable position when sitting. Think this Tripod will alleviate that, and be more stable. And while heavier this Aziak should collapse to a bit over 4" shorter than my Aoka setup, so that will be nice for packing it around as well.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
Well since 2020 I've been using an Aoka with a Sunway center extension that in total weights 16.4 oz. I'm looking forward to moving to this heavy-weight tripod lol. But in all seriousness my biggest griped with the Aoka is getting the legs wide enough to get in a comfortable position when sitting. Think this Tripod will alleviate that, and be more stable. And while heavier this Aziak should collapse to a bit over 4" shorter than my Aoka setup, so that will be nice for packing it around as well.
"heavyweight" :LOL:I am using an outdoorsmans standard, so the aziak would save me more than a pound. My outdoorsmans is burly but sturdy. But would like to try a more compact unit, its between the aziak and tricer for me..

ChrisAU

WKR
This thing is pretty awesome. The center column shape is genius. Much more solid than what I’ve been using, crazy that it’s less than 4 oz heavier than my other setup (pictured). Could make it lighter with the stubby center column but I like using the center to fine adjust height when glassing with binos.

F8097A41-9307-4E42-926D-EE5E1789B285.jpeg

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
This thing is pretty awesome. The center column shape is genius. Much more solid than what I’ve been using, crazy that it’s less than 4 oz heavier than my other setup (pictured). Could make it lighter with the stubby center column but I like using the center to fine adjust height when glassing with binos.

View attachment 574553
my buddy got his yesterday and he sent me a video clip of his center column, in the lowest position it had a ton a side to side slop. He`s super disappointed and he has every right to be with the cost associated it to get it up to BC, so he will be returning his. Its too bad because it looks like a killer fast n light setup.

ChrisAU

WKR
my buddy got his yesterday and he sent me a video clip of his center column, in the lowest position it had a ton a side to side slop. He`s super disappointed and he has every right to be with the cost associated it to get it up to BC, so he will be returning his. Its too bad because it looks like a killer fast n light setup.

Strange, mine does not have any slop. I assume he had the center column tension screw tight?

Strange, mine does not have any slop. I assume he had the center column tension screw tight?
That’s me sr80 is talking about. Yes I had the set screw tight. It has an unusable amount of play for me. It’ll shake like crazy in the wind. Rydell was great though, we were texting last night sending pictures and videos and he believes that’s a normal amount of play and the sacrifice you make for ultralight. Too bad because I like it alot otherwise. I have a slik 624 and an innorel rc45 to compare it to side by side and they’re rock solid on the center column. The tolerances are too loose, I’m able to fit a .005” shim into each of the cutouts on the center post inside the bushing and still have room to get another .002-.003” probably. Any chance you could send me a video of yours so I can see it?

ChrisAU

WKR
That’s me sr80 is talking about. Yes I had the set screw tight. It has an unusable amount of play for me. It’ll shake like crazy in the wind. Rydell was great though, we were texting last night sending pictures and videos and he believes that’s a normal amount of play and the sacrifice you make for ultralight. Too bad because I like it alot otherwise. I have a slik 624 and an innorel rc45 to compare it to side by side and they’re rock solid on the center column. The tolerances are too loose, I’m able to fit a .005” shim into each of the cutouts on the center post inside the bushing and still have room to get another .002-.003” probably. Any chance you could send me a video of yours so I can see it?

I'll have to play with it later today, I'll shoot you a PM later.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
He had the center post down in the lowest spot with set screw tight. This isn't amateur hour over here :D
Here is a youtube link to a video of it..