AZ OTC Sold Out?

Took me an hour and 48 minutes to finally get it to work and complete my cart. I did start to get the old sold out screen occasionally, so called AZ F&G customer service to be sure it was worth continuing to try. I think it only took 3 days last year, so I figured it would be a rush today. I waited a week last year thinking there would be plenty of tags and didn't get one for 2023.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It's time to raise the non-resident fees and move to a draw system. Missed revenue stream. Neighboring states are a lot more expensive comparatively.

States with these "first come, first served" strategies are really screwing the pooch. It increases demand which inevitably causes their website to crash. If they are going to quota tag numbers, it should go to some sort of draw.

Colorado's leftover/reissue
Idaho's general deer/elk
Arizona archery deer

I don't know what others but the three above are all poor experiences either from what I have heard or participated in.

It's time to raise the non-resident fees and move to a draw system. Missed revenue stream. Neighboring states are a lot more expensive comparatively.
Really? The $1.3M they made in less than a day selling tags and the accompanying licenses isn't enough for 2880 tags?

Reactions: ZMT
I agree with half of that. Even as an NR, I have no problem with the tags being moved to a draw system if they are being sold out as fast as they are now. I would hate having a unit system and would much prefer a region one if they did this,

That said, raising the prices seems unnecessary. I know other states do it, but that doesn't mean it's right. Look at Wyoming - completely ridiculous. This is one of the few hunts I can afford to go on as a college student. It's not like there's a lack of money coming in, or they would've priced it higher to begin with.

Hunting and fishing shouldn't be run like a business. It's a natural resource everyone should have access to and those who work the hardest and plan the most should be first in line, which is why the points system works. I pump s**t for a living - it doesn't make any sense to me some rich guy's kid who has never worked a day in his life gets the tag over me.

I agree with half of that. Even as an NR, I have no problem with the tags being moved to a draw system if they are being sold out as fast as they are now. I would hate having a unit system and would much prefer a region one if they did this,

That said, raising the prices seems unnecessary. I know other states do it, but that doesn't mean it's right. Look at Wyoming - completely ridiculous. This is one of the few hunts I can afford to go on as a college student. It's not like there's a lack of money coming in, or they would've priced it higher to begin with.

Hunting and fishing shouldn't be run like a business. It's a natural resource everyone should have access to and those who work the hardest and plan the most should be first in line, which is why the points system works. I pump s**t for a living - it doesn't make any sense to me some rich guy's kid who has never worked a day in his life gets the tag over me.
I'd bet that they sold more than twice that amount before when they were unlimited OTC. Then AZ residents complained that there were too many NR hunters. I know when I lived in AZ, it was awesome being able to go and buy a tag every year and hunt over Christmas and into the new year. If we're going to talk about a loss of revenue then we need to think about just how many tags aren't being sold because they're now capped at 10% of the last year's resident sales.

Reactions: ZMT
I'd bet that they sold more than twice that amount before when they were unlimited OTC. Then AZ residents complained that there were too many NR hunters. I know when I lived in AZ, it was awesome being able to go and buy a tag every year and hunt over Christmas and into the new year. If we're going to talk about a loss of revenue then we need to think about just how many tags aren't being sold because they're now capped at 10% of the last year's resident sales.
100%. Tags should be a product of the availability of game, not some arbitrary thing like percentage of OTC resident tags. The proper division between resident and NR tags is one thing, but this method doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the deer population

What neighboring states are you talking about? I just looked at NM and NV and both of them have less expensive deer tags and license fees.

Don’t worry if the website crashed and then the tags were gone you can at least get an “OTC” Idaho tag next month…….

Tags were readily available at 12 noon Pacific time, no wait.
The first two hours were terrible, but the last two hours I logged on for fun and didn't have a problem. That said, there were only about 100 tags left or so at 12 PT

I’m pretty bummed at myself for not buying tags when you could just grab them at a store. Sure am glad azgf decided to pay a pile of influencers to blow the opportunity up

I’m pretty bummed at myself for not buying tags when you could just grab them at a store. Sure am glad azgf decided to pay a pile of influencers to blow the opportunity up
Lol seems weird though that they blew it up only to limit the supply of tags

Back