AZ OHV New Regulations

AZ8

WKR
Well, they don’t have the manpower to enforce.

It’ll be interesting to read the AZGFD response to this and how they’ll implement the safety course either for all, or those unlicensed under 18. Clarification is needed.

I’m sure they’ll post up an info page soon.

At least this applies to residents as well 🙄

I wish all states had some sort of accountability requirement to operate leisure vehicles and craft.

Maybe not a full blown OUPV, but some kind of boat operating license for watercraft. That's where the true idiot thrives is on the water...

BBob

WKR
Almost every bike out there is a electric motor driven 2 wheel vehicle. No permits no tags to buy just a free ride. I get it, but there is a State land permit required , rarely seen in any window at the parking lot. Game and fish has told the landowners they have better things to do than police that lot for permits.
I mtb a lot and yeah a few people most definitely do violate the no e-bike and no pedal assist rules. Most I’ve encountered are pretty old and are not being an a-hole with it so we all let it slide. The places I frequent encountering e-bikes or pedal assist is actually fairly rare.

I carry the state land permit both in the car (all vehicles have a laminated card in the console) and on my person when riding. I almost never remember to display the permit in the car. I know many do the same, they have it but don’t display it. Part of that is as you’ve said the enforcement is just not there. I’ve never ever been checked but there was a time years ago when the state agents were running people down.

Weldor

WKR
I have to disagree about the riders, I see them daily, Most look like they are under 30 and ride in groups of 3-6. Rarely see middle age or seniors on the ebikes out here, maybe closer to the city. I have no beef with MTbikers, I just think they should pay their way. All I can say is they have some good lobbyist's. They managed to get this area closed to motorized vehicles years ago, after it was pretty much open to anything in past years.

I have to disagree about the riders, I see them daily, Most look like they are under 30 and ride in groups of 3-6. Rarely see middle age or seniors on the ebikes out here, maybe closer to the city. I have no beef with MTbikers, I just think they should pay their way. All I can say is they have some good lobbyist's. They managed to get this area closed to motorized vehicles years ago, after it was pretty much open to anything in past years.
Would you agree they do far less damage to the landscape than dirtbikes and utv's? I'm not an E-biker, but I feel like they still havnt gotten to the point of becoming a full on dirtbike. There are some that might exceed MY threshold, but to each their own. Maybe a motor size limit would be a compromise.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Hobbs is a POS….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed 100%. And she picks and chooses which laws she wants enforced, typical... I hope she gets impeached over her campaign pay to play scheme. But that's what happens when a state elects an idiot not talented enough to even debate in public.

Agreed 100%. And she picks and chooses which laws she wants enforced, typical... I hope she gets impeached over her campaign pay to play scheme. But that's what happens when a state elects an idiot not talented enough to even debate in public.

I live in Harris county in Texas. Same crap goes on here. Our roads suck a hairy sack but hey, let’s spend 33 million on culture and diversity murals painted around the city….

Hobbs needs to go. She was 100% in on the fraud of the ‘22 midterms.

MHO, not a damn thing will happen. Look at Washington for a perfect example…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldor

WKR
Would you agree they do far less damage to the landscape than dirtbikes and utv's? I'm not an E-biker, but I feel like they still havnt gotten to the point of becoming a full on dirtbike. There are some that might exceed MY threshold, but to each their own. Maybe a motor size limit would be a compromise.
Not really, The ruts produced by their trails are pretty close to a motorcycle. Over the years I have walked these same trails, 10 yrs ago they were close to a walking path. Now they are anywhere from 8 to 20 plus inches deep.and 1 to 3 ft wide.Same here I have no issue with there use as long as they pay their fair share.

Weldor

WKR
My good friend called the Game and fish dept yesterday. They had no clue about any new law or ohv course. I printed the overview for him so he could quote to them. Par for the course, the righthand does'nt know what the lefthand is doing. You gotta love it. I'm sure it will be another $25 tag or something stupid like that. The interesting thing is non-residents are mentioned. If I understand it correctly, they are required to take the course also. Have to wait and see the final draft of the actual Law.

Reactions: AZ8

BBob

WKR
Par for the course, the righthand does'nt know what the lefthand is doing
So the governor just signed the bill into law and the ink isn’t even dry and you’re going to complain that G&F is incompetent because their people on the front lines don’t know about it yet? That’s silly. Anything like this has to have time to trickle down. I’m sure the people up top know about it and they need time to implement it. Will there be problems? Probably but you can’t fault the folks answering the phone to know all about it a week after it became law.

Reactions: AZ8

Weldor

WKR
So the governor just signed the bill into law and the ink isn’t even dry and you’re going to complain that G&F is incompetent because their people on the front lines don’t know about it yet? That’s silly. Anything like this has to have time to trickle down. I’m sure the people up top know about it and they need time to implement it. Will there be problems? Probably but you can’t fault the folks answering the phone to know all about it a week after it became law.
Yeah, but they were the ones involved from the begining. So please don't try defend them. The person he talked to was not the admin. If the commission doe not what's going on, we are going in the wrong direection.

AZ8

WKR
My good friend called the Game and fish dept yesterday. They had no clue about any new law or ohv course. I printed the overview for him so he could quote to them. Par for the course, the righthand does'nt know what the lefthand is doing. You gotta love it. I'm sure it will be another $25 tag or something stupid like that. The interesting thing is non-residents are mentioned. If I understand it correctly, they are required to take the course also. Have to wait and see the final draft of the actual Law.
Good deal, but not surprised.

Lack of communication has a detrimental effect on any organization or business. It's what drives most front line workers crazy!

I'll cut then some slack and hope a summary info page is added soon.