AZ app question

Scoot

WKR
My 2023 AZ hunting license says it's valid until 2/13/24. The deadline for elk is 2/6/24. Given that, I don't need to do anything with a license and can just apply for the draw, correct? Then, if I draw (I won't), I can purchase a license. Is that right?

I've never done the "skip a year" approach in AZ and I'm realizing how much money I'm throwing away. But, I sure don't want to screw it up either- it would cost me 2 points (that year's point and the loyalty point)!

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
OK, thanks Eastcoast- much appreciated. I was almost positive that was right, but just wanted confirmation. Thanks!

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
OK, thanks Eastcoast- much appreciated. I was almost positive that was right, but just wanted confirmation. Thanks!
Chicken. Just give me your points. (I need some help)

Kidding aside. Same status as you. And I got by cheap this year.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
That's correct, if you do sheep/deer as well you can get away with buying licenses every 2/3 years and it works fine, I've been doing it for 10 years. If you're just doing elk you'll be able to just do every other year.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Haha- I am a chicken! I'd hate to get this far and botch something. I've been stacking points there for a long time now and still can't draw my tag! ...and I'm not even going for top end.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
I hear you. Messing up a year would be extra painful as we would lose loyalty point also.