Az 12bw

slamdmini

FNG
Turns out I drew az 12bw early rifle. Anyone hunt this area before? I've never been in the zone before but I've hunted southern Utah a lot and the terrain looks similar. I live about 10 hrs away so realistically I will probably only be able to make one scouting trip. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
There are a couple other posts specifically on this unit. It can be a good hunt/ but can be very migration dependent. Some people view it as an opportunity hunt for a meat buck. The hunt is what you make it out to be though.

The deer are few and really spread out. You can go days without seeing a mature buck, but there are some big ones in there - or at least moving through the transition zone once snow hits the plateau.

The deer are few and really spread out. You can go days without seeing a mature buck, but there are some big ones in there - or at least moving through the transition zone once snow hits the plateau.

Very few and far between, and extremely difficult to hunt, but there's both migratory and non-migratory bomber bucks. Some absolute giants live in there, year-round.