Axis Deer Texas

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of questions from the post above this. Some of the things youre looking for may not work with some of the other things youre also seeking.
Dont get too hung up on high fence low fence. A high fence on a big ranch will still afford opportunity to get skunked. You could do a 3 day axis hunt on a huge acreage high fence and not see a buck. A high fence is no guaranteed success.
If you go to a ranch you may have somebody over your shoulder telling you shoot dont shoot. The animals are worth money, the guides probably been burned by yahoos taking lousy wounding shots or shooting stuff too small or too big that then they wont pay for.
Look at texas hunting forum. Theres lots of hunts offered there by outfitters. If you want a low budget deal they pop up frequently but go quick.
West texas hunt org. is a good outfit. The owner Mike is very honest, hardworking guy, a good person, looks out for his employees, he wont sell you something he cant deliver. I trust him.
Thanks for the thorough reply and sites to check. I do understand these animals are worth money and probaby don’t want to imagine the issue yahoos can cause on these hunts. It’s just a comfort level deal with me, pretty much a DIY guy forever and don’t know much more than that. The idea of a guided hunt is frankly a little intimidating to me, especially when what I’m really after is a fun hunt between turkey and elk / deer season that offers a real challenge and opportunity to take some good venison home. High fence in massive acres might be ok, especially as you describe it. I’ll broaden my mind some on that. I just hate the idea of showing up to an unknown place, with unknown guides and have some small paddock to “hunt” domesticated deer. Not trying to offend folks if that’s what they’re after, just not for me. Appreciate the info!

JacobM

FNG
Bump for more info I’m interested as well.

A family member of mine guides for them and its a top notch outfit if you're looking for a high fence hunt

girlwithagun

FNG
Classified Approved
Bump for more info I’m interested as well.
I got my axis with Skyler Watkins at Blackwater Guide Service. Everything about the hunt was great! The guide will set with you or not that's up to you, but of course one sat with me because I'm a girl and it was my first so they wanted me to take a good one, and I did, he was 33". It was in the Bandera TX area and they have an indoor processing area with huge walk in coolers and will deliver your harvest to the processor for you if you don't process your own meat. I would absolutely go with them again. I hope you find the trophy adventure you're looking for.