Axil XCOR

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
I have shooters ear. One rifle shot with the sound bouncing back at me from a large tree trunk instantly reduced the hearing in my left ear. My right ear is still fine. I am considering hearing aids, and have a hearing test booked, but also looking at ear buds that provide protection and enhancement. Ones like the Axil XCOR look like they may help. Ideally, what I think I would like, is independent enhancement (my right ear wouldn't need much - if any - enhancement) and protection above 85 dB. I mention that number as, from what I have read, above that level could cause damage to your hearing.

Where I often hunt, a chance at an animal may come and go in a few seconds, so would need to have them on continuously. I think some enhancement would be great too, to hear distant bugles or movement in the brush.

I have looked at the Axil XCOR but, from what I understand, there might be a couple of drawbacks. The standard model can be adjusted individually, but if you use the enhancement mode it doesn't provide enough sound protection. And in protection mode, you get no enhancement. The Pro version can't be adjusted independently. I might be wrong in my understanding of how these work, but that is was I gathered from what I read.

Hope someone may have some advice.

I have a different manufacturer's. They are great, with one exception, battery life. It's not a deal breaker, but it is something to be aware of.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kjelsson