Average (Open Sight) shot distance -Muzzleloader

What is your average shot distance with an open sight muzzleloader on elk?

• 0-50 yards

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 50-100 yards

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • 100-150 yards

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 150-200 yards

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Muzzleloader season in multiple states is coming soon. Just curious as to what people’s average shot distances are on elk. Open sights only. For those of you who do a lot of muzzleloader hunting with open sights I’m curious as to what you have experienced. Thanks for voting and good luck to everyone this season!

Huntnnw

WKR
Hard to give a avg.. I ve hunted in super thick country and really open and both would give you completely different yard averages. Ive shot bulls at 25 yards to 150.

OP
MallardSX2
Hard to give a avg.. I ve hunted in super thick country and really open and both would give you completely different yard averages. Ive shot bulls at 25 yards to 150.

Just give an average without going deep into the weeds. Just an overall general average is all I was looking for. I was not intending for it to get that granular.....

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
My last mz bull was ~20yards. I had practiced out to 150, but was confident to take elk shots out to 100 before i went. My first bull was 160 but with a scope. Both dropped on the spot.

I did miss a mule deer @85 yards last year, rushed a freehand shot and went over his back. So stuff happens

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk