ATX 65mm and 95mm or BTX

Which one first?

• Total voters

truehaun

FNG
Which objective would you get first and would you buy a different objective next or the BTX.

What is your intended use? Range use or close to the truck use, or do you plan to pack it in a ways? However, the obvious answer is get all 4. :ROFLMAO:

section8mainiac

Lil-Rokslider
I have the STX and the 95.

Love the combo. My next purchase will be the 65 for backpacking weight savings. Then maybe next year the BTX. My brother and I are 50/50 on this and works well as we typically hunt together.

I voted 65, then 95. I think you'll be disappointed if you end up with an ATX, 65, and BTX. I'd go ATX65, then 95, then BTX or ATX 95, then BTX, then 65 depending on the hunting you're doing. If you have a lot of truck hunting coming up, start with an ATX 95.

How do you hunt? Do you sit and stare for long time so you don't have to walk several miles? I have the 95/BTX combo, it's not light. I'm going to start scouting for dall sheep come next year, and I don't see a scenario where I'd take a 65 over a 95. Comes down to is the weight worth it for you and your style of hunting.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah need a lot more information on what you plan on hunting and your poll choices are confusing. I had a Zeiss 65 Diascope so I added a 95 BTX, then an ATX, and finally a 65mm objective.

Look to see what holiday specials happen. When I got my STX, it was near Thanksgiving. I had to call in for a "special" price. Got a great deal on the STX and 65mm objective. While talking to the rep on the phone, I asked what if I also grabbed the 95. I was able to get all three items for the cost of the STX and 95 (basically got the 65mm for free).

The BTX is very nice but it is not well suited for glassing "shorter" distances. The BTX excels at glassing mid- and long distances. Do have to be mindful since you will glass up animals that are way too far to go after; there are worse things than life.

I use my STX 65 on the bulk of my hunts due to weight. But for some hunts, as well as scouting, the STX 95 gets the nod.

If I find the right deal, I'll be adding the BTX to my optics arsenal.

Look to see what holiday specials happen. When I got my STX, it was near Thanksgiving. I had to call in for a "special" price. Got a great deal on the STX and 65mm objective. While talking to the rep on the phone, I asked what if I also grabbed the 95. I was able to get all three items for the cost of the STX and 95 (basically got the 65mm for free).

The BTX is very nice but it is not well suited for glassing "shorter" distances. The BTX excels at glassing mid- and long distances. Do have to be mindful since you will glass up animals that are way too far to go after; there are worse things than life.

I use my STX 65 on the bulk of my hunts due to weight. But for some hunts, as well as scouting, the STX 95 gets the nod.

If I find the right deal, I'll be adding the BTX to my optics arsenal.
What retailer? Camera Land?