Attaching Kifaru Pouches?

I'd like to start by saying that I am an idiot. I recently bought a set of Kifaru pouches that I would like to attach to the side of my T1 bag. The pouches have 2 three bar sliders at each corner, and I cannot figure out how to attach them correctly. The three bar sliders are different sizes so I'm assuming that once they are through the webbing the smaller one sliders through the larger slider. Anyone have pictures so I can make sure they are properly attached? I like picture books....thank you.

Last edited:

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
The small 3-bar slides through the appropriate loop or attachment point. The larger 3-bar stays on the other side. Once they are in place like this, it is highly unlikely to come out without you taking it out. Simple but very effective. Sorry - no photos.

kodiakfly

WKR
Yeah, they just slide through the webbing on the pack and the sliders hold them on there...I think they show them being attached in one of the vids they have posted.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
As stated above, the reason for two 3 bar sliders at each location is for different sized loops on your pack. I just cut off the bigger 3 bar sliders and use the small ones for everything.

OP
ndbwhunter
Thanks for the information, guys! I watched the video a few times, but it really doesn't show what's done with the 3 bar slider after it's pushed through the loop. Aron just says to "T it off". It also doesn't mention anything about having or using two 3 bar sliders. I'll play with them when I get home tonight.

All of the belt pouches I've recently bought from Kifaru only have the larger 3-bar slider on them.

You do NOT need two 3-bar sliders for the attachment to work. I keep the larger 3 bar sliders on mine and cut the smaller ones off. It's more secure to use the larger ones, especially on PALS webbing (columns are 1.5 inches wide vs the 1 inch wide on the highcamp/timberline bags). It should be noted that the larger 3 bar sliders work with all Kifaru packs.

Once you "T off" the 3 bar slider, I always slide the 3-bar back and forth to make sure any webbing is flat and not bunched up. This helps keep the 3 bar slider from backing out of the pack's webbing.

Last edited: