Attach bino to harness?

jamandt

FNG
My bino came with the basic single neck strap so I bought a kifaru harness but then it got me thinking do you somehow attach the bino to the harness like a range finder tether? If you are attaching them anyone have a pic of how they do it or suggestions as I'm not seeing anything that stands out for how to do that.

alexnelon

FNG
The Kifaru is honestly the first I've ever seen that doesn't have tethers integrated to the shoulder harness.

FHF, Marsupial, SG, Sitka, Mystery Ranch, Eberlestock, Alaska Guide Gear, even the junky Vortex all have them built in.

nobody

WKR
I run a marsupial enclosed with a modified Stone Glacier tether on the left side. By far the best buckle setup I’ve used, even though I had to hodge podge it together.

If I remember, I’ll snap a pic when I get home from work

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I’m usually in a tree when using my binos so having them tethered is another piece of reassurance. Heck I even have my release tethered to my harness to ensure I don’t loose it when hiking and scouting.

nobody

WKR
SG tether buckles on Amazon cording looped through Marsupial’s d loop. Much better than the squeeze buckles IMO

Attachments

• IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3899.jpeg
    IMG_3899.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 20

Erebor

Lil-Rokslider
I have this harness and I like it a lot. To be fair the harness I had previously was the vortex that came with the binoculars, but this harness fits and rides very well. The main reason I picked this harness was because of the molle back panel to be able to attach a bladder and/or quiver, but I’m impressed with the harness overall as well.

H@mstar19x3

Lil-Rokslider
I learned my lesson to always tether my binos or you inevitably forget and they drop out when you bend over for something. Only need to tether one side though.

Ramem7mm

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of these from Amazon and they have been working pretty well last couple months.

Nite Ize S-Biner MicroLock Stainless Steel - S-Biner with Locking Dual Sided Gates - Keep Keys Secure with Carabiner Key Holder - Black (2 Pack)​