Athlon Helos BTR any good?

Poe

FNG
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 4-20x50. The price seems alright but don’t want it if it won’t track properly or hold a zero

BLJ

WKR
Apples to oranges in some aspect, but I’ve had a (3) different Midas Tac’s on 22’s that have been dialed a lot in the past 4 years.
2 friends with Ares on 22’a used under the same conditions and they’ve also been great.

I’ve also had good luck dialing the Argos line. Not as frequent as the Midas/Ares, but with the same results.

Reactions: Poe

OneH

FNG
I was eyeing the Helos 2-12x42 then read the failed Rokslide drop test and gave them a hard pass even at $260. Their glass are not as clear as the Midas or the Arken EP series.

Their Midas Tacs are great though no complaints other than the lack of illumination.

I'd personally buy another Arken EPL4 if I were on a tight budget.

06 SB

Lil-Rokslider
I have that exact scope and it has been switched from a 223, 270, 3006 and now on a 6.5CM and have dialed it out to 900yds and back MANY times and it has been flawless. It is a great value. I also have an Ares series and that one has been flawless too.

A friend of mine bought two Arkens and both are back for warranty issues.

MThuntr

WKR
Anyone have the moa reticle that can tell us how it is?
I have the MOA reticle. The crosshairs are very heavy but usable. I've not done extensive dialing as it lived on a Howa 6mm Arc. The rifle in question has been at Howa for the last 3 months due to chamber issues so I'm waiting until it's return so I can mess with it more.

Cgray97

FNG
2-12x42 & AHMR2 FFP IT MOA reticle….

It’s trash, to heavy at 12x. I wish I’d looked at it before I bought it.
i was afraid of that as I’ve been reading the same thing. Couldn’t find a video showing the moa reticle. I know the scope failed the evaluation but I’m not sure how practical those tests really are. I don’t plan on abusing the gun or dropping it from 3 feet. It’s between this scope and the Trijicon credo 3-9 for me I think.

i was afraid of that as I’ve been reading the same thing. Couldn’t find a video showing the moa reticle. I know the scope failed the evaluation but I’m not sure how practical those tests really are. I don’t plan on abusing the gun or dropping it from 3 feet. It’s between this scope and the Trijicon credo 3-9 for me I think.

To be far, I haven’t replaced it yet. It’s on my main 223. 9x is about what the reticle should be at 12x. The glass for the price isn’t terrible, from a hunting stand point, the reticle works just a super thick @ max power. I don’t use 12x so not a huge deal but you get the drift

BLJ

WKR

Eurooptic is having a pretty good sale right now if anyone is looking.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been running the 4-20 on my rimfire league rifle for a couple years now and been very happy with it. For what its worth I picked up a mill 2-12 last night off sportsman's guide for $343. Figured it was worth a try for that price.

06 SB

Lil-Rokslider
I have the MOA reticle and while it is a bit heavier than my Zeiss 6-24, it is useable at the max magnification. I am not a competition shooter, just shooting for fun.