Athens Vista 2022 line.

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone else gave Athens a shot? I drove 3 hrs to test one out….. great draw cycle, gas strings, on paper the 31 checked a lot of boxes for me. I shot a fair amount at shop and I was feeling good about the bow. But once I got it home and tuned up man does it seem loud and shocky. I tried going through checking all the obvious points, but no avail. The bow holds great, tuned quick and looks like great quality but this thing has a “twap” to it. Wondering if I’m being an over sensitive hunter or if others have experienced this??

Is this shooting outside?

Or were you tuning in a small space?

Just saying because sometimes inside or close to a wall the sounds are different. You might be hear8ng the bow more and then start to "feel" it more also. Just cause it gets in your head. It's happened to me.

OP
Venator

Venator

Lil-Rokslider

Just saying because sometimes inside or close to a wall the sounds are different. You might be hear8ng the bow more and then start to "feel" it more also. Just cause it gets in your head. It's happened to

Just saying because sometimes inside or close to a wall the sounds are different. You might be hear8ng the bow more and then start to "feel" it more also. Just cause it gets in your head. It's happened to me

OP
Venator

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
When I noticed it was inside, I have an approx 14 yard shot from one end of basement to other. I shoot in one room, down a hallway into another room. I was standing next to some closet doors. I do think that exaggerated the noise a lot, I then went outside and shot but by then I was in my head.

soundfanz

FNG
I'm awaiting a Vista 33. Only 2 dealers in Australia, neither have them (2022 line) in stock so it's about an 8 to 10 week wait here.
I haven't heard of the Vista line being "loud" in any of the countless reviews I have watched/read.

Last edited:

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Accessories usually are where I find most of my annoying buzzes on my equipment. Archers have a tendency to hyper focus on things that honestly don't matter that much. If all your screws on your sight, quiver, rest etc are snug I would just shoot it and have fun.

I’m only shooting a compound bow 1 year. I was told the bowtech amplify was a great place to start. I bought one a year ago and it shoots better than I can. I wanted to move up to a high end bowtech like revolt x or solution. I went to the bow shop and met a man that sold his revolt x after shooting Athens vista 31. He bought a Vista 31 and now owns 3 Athens Vista bows. He took one out of his bag for me to handle, I was impressed with the quality and balance. I just bought a 2 month old Athens Vista 33 60lb from a man that replaced it with same bow 70lb. The Vista is comfortable state of the art bow that I recommend to anyone. There tech support is outstanding along with there lifetime warranty

MattB

WKR
Not familiar with the bow/cam system but loud and buzzy is often a sign of the cams being out of synch or timing not being correct.

FCMD

FNG
I have a '21 Vista 33 and the '22 Vista 33 & 35. Love them. Much better than any of the Mathews I've owned (Trax, Vertix, V3 31 & V3X 33). Draw cycle is smooth and the bows just balance and hold perfectly. I've not noticed any significant increase in vibration or sound when compared to any of the Mathews.

The V3X buzzes a bit from the bridge thing with certain dovetails. Only time I've had buzzing on any other non sight (read Spot Hogg) bow is when I've changed mods or let off or moved the string stop.

TheTone

WKR
I wish I had a dealer within a reasonable distance of me to check them out. I really like the lack of gimmicks they have and they look good