🔥Athens 2022🔥

I have a Vista 33 from last year that I really enjoy shooting. The 2022 bows look great and I really like the specs. The RTX cams are fantastic, I love the way the draw cycle feels at the 80% let off.

Athens has made great bows for a while and the new bows are carrying on that tradition. I like how they have so many limb options and color options as well.

That new autumn blaze looks really good!
76a173fb719fdb66a701cda331c976ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Brizzle

FNG
Looks good, I think the cable roller will be a good upgrade from last year. I’d like to see an integrated rest for next year…

I have been thinking about ordering up a Vista 33. I have never had an Athens in my hand, Seems like the guys that have enjoy them a lot. I mostly hunt elk out here in the West.

Loved my Athens. One of the most under rated bows in my opinion. The new ones look great.
Edit: I forgot to mention, Athens has the best grip in the game. So simple but comfortable and repeatable.

Last edited:

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I have to ask, has anyone put an athens through the ringer. I know the legend owns one of the older athens. Maybe thats all I need to know? That bow looks fantastic, reason I ask is atleast for me the mountain tend to be mean to equipment even when I try to be nice.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
I have to ask, has anyone put an athens through the ringer. I know the legend owns one of the older athens. Maybe thats all I need to know? That bow looks fantastic, reason I ask is atleast for me the mountain tend to be mean to equipment even when I try to be nice.
Been hauling one around since 2009. They are top notch. Robby got his direct from me when I ran Athens. The current bows are better than ever.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Rodney, is any of the manufacturing still done in Indiana? I've read it both ways and was just curious. Looks like Athens is killing it with the Vista series. The Ibex is still the best short bow I've ever shot.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Hey Rodney, is any of the manufacturing still done in Indiana? I've read it both ways and was just curious. Looks like Athens is killing it with the Vista series. The Ibex is still the best short bow I've ever shot.

Everything is being done in NY.
** Im also no longer affiliated, I only stayed on a year w the new company as part of the transition.
** New owners are fantastic and I love what they have done with the company.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Everything is being done in NY.
** Im also no longer affiliated, I only stayed on a year w the new company as part of the transition.
** New owners are fantastic and I love what they have done with the company.
Oh, when you say ran Athens you mean you were the owner?

@rodney482 Think I saw a pic you posted on the other site of a Spring fever bow. I cant seem to find it. Would you please post it here if you have one? Thank you.

Bluto

WKR
Great. Now I have another option. 😃 I’m digging the reviews, adjustability (I think - still researching,) and made in the US of Freedom.

Great. Now I have another option. 😃 I’m digging the reviews, adjustability (I think - still researching,) and made in the US of Freedom.
No kidding. I ordered a Vista 33 like 3 weeks ago. Been thinking of ordering another before the wait gets longer. lol

Bluto

WKR
No dealers within even a day’s drive of me. I want to shoot one and see for myself. What colors did you get?

No dealers here at all. I just took a shot in the dark and hope the reviews are honest. I ordered a Vista 33 in Musket brown riser with predator limbs. Should ship in 3 weeks or so.

Bluto

WKR
Gutsy. But if the reviews are like you stated, that gamble pays off well. If I’m not just floored by what I can shoot in person, I may give it a shot. Throw some pics up once you get it. They have some wicked options.