Asolo Boots, Fugitive or Sasslong?

Lawnboi

WKR
For the heel problems you may want to try superfeet insoles. They have a very good heal cup that hold your heel very securely and provides a good amount of cushion, as well as your own natural cushion by cupping the fat on your heel.

The heel cup of the superfeet insoles is why i keep coming back to them over any other brand. The other brands have everything else i need, just cant beat the heel cup on the superfeet.

Worth a try, they make them in varying kinds depending on your arch and what your looking for. Im partial to greens and oranges, oranges being my favorite because they dont compress.

just my 2 cents. Id find a good insole and break your feet into the boots :) I know my feet hurt every once n a while when i dont wear my mountaineering boots, its just my feet being used to a cushy running shoe then going to a stiff soled mountaineering boot. Just the lack of cushion will sometimes make my feet hurt, but not to the point of being too uncomfortable.

OP
HellsCanyon
I guess I should clarify, its not so much the bottom of my heel, but the back just below my Achilles tendon. Trust me I've given every chance to both my kenetreks and these Asolos but I feel they both could get to the point where they will make me want to hit the trail back to camp or the pickup instead of staying in the field. I've spent quite a bit of time in hunting boots since May trying to get my feet broken into boots but no luck. I've been using my Irish Setters for the last 3 years and loved them. Put em back on last night and they still feel unbelievably comfortable compared to these new ones.

I hope the Hanwags get here on thursday will get me up the mountain no problem this weekend! Will keep you updated...

Mike

Madnik

Lil-Rokslider
To date, Asolo's line up is the one that I've found work best for me, fit wise. And "fit wise" is everything, as far as I'm concerned. The Sasslongs are my fall scramblers. I'm haooy - scratch that - my feet are happy that they work for me. But.... not all boots work for all feet. YMMV, as it obviously has for HC.