Asking for Closed Road Access

Ask yourself this: “does this hunting “opportunity” mean more to me than my reputation/future prospects at this company?” Because if you ask, you’re not only going to be told “no” but it’s really not going to look good, especially as an intern. You can likely kiss goodbye to any chance of moving up or getting good recommendations from your boss/superiors there. Why would they risk a legal situation for an intern? It’s illegal, end of story. Doesn’t matter how often others are abusing similar situations. Really bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Make the MOST of the internship and don't be that weasel looking for special advantages/treatment. Be the intern that is thinking how he can benefit the outfit he is working for and long-term career opportunity.

Bears are a dime a dozen in most places. Find another spot or walk like everyone else.

OP
D

Deer&Ducks527

I gave a situation I have seen that is similar, but in my scenario it was only 2 miles deep, you said “well this is 9 miles back there, so that’s different” and something to the effect of “if I drive in there it won’t scare the animals” you seem to be defending the action we are universally telling you is a bad idea and illegal

Not defending the action, pointing out the differences between what you brought up.
Ask yourself this: “does this hunting “opportunity” mean more to me than my reputation/future prospects at this company?” Because if you ask, you’re not only going to be told “no” but it’s really not going to look good, especially as an intern. You can likely kiss goodbye to any chance of moving up or getting good recommendations from your boss/superiors there. Why would they risk a legal situation for an intern? It’s illegal, end of story. Doesn’t matter how often others are abusing similar situations. Really bad idea

I posted earlier I found plenty of other spots that would be as good or better, I was just curious if this was doable, legally of course.

You’re absolutely right, I need to respect the long hours put in for coveted WKR status.

It’s not about the status of WKR. It’s about making sound, logical arguments. There’s a few WKRs that make terrible arguments about different topics all the time on here. New guys can prove themselves pretty quickly.

Pdzoller

WKR
It is actually all about the WKR status and all that comes with it.

The money, the fame, everyone finally recognizes your cat like hunting prowess, gear companies just throw equipment at you and the women come flooding in. It really is the life. You actually will become death itself.

MattB

WKR

I was going to post this, thanks for saving me my precious WKR time.

An intern asking management for permission for something that management likely can’t grant and that could jeopardize the project that is providing the opportunity for the internship just smacks of ignorance and entitlement.

It is actually all about the WKR status and all that comes with it.

The money, the fame, everyone finally recognizes your cat like hunting prowess, gear companies just throw equipment at you and the women come flooding in. It really is the life. You actually will become death itself.

This post deserves to be in the WKR hall of fame