Arrow rest

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a cheap bear arrow rest for my bear grizzly recurve. Anyone else hunt with a rest? I was having problems tuning shooting off the shelf.

Just ordered a cheap bear arrow rest for my bear grizzly recurve. Anyone else hunt with a rest? I was having problems tuning shooting off the shelf.
I've done both over the years. Currently off the shelf but elevated works great too.

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
I've done both over the years. Currently off the shelf but elevated works great too.
I’m having a helluva time trying to bare shaft tune my bow. I can group softball size groups at 20 and in with feathers. Hoping the rest will help with bare shaft tuning.

I’m having a helluva time trying to bare shaft tune my bow. I can group softball size groups at 20 and in with feathers. Hoping the rest will help with bare shaft tuning.
It can. Shooting off a rest is a little more forgiving of bow arm movements. Additionally if you shoot a springy or rest with a plunger they can be a bit more forgiving with arrow spine.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
I have an old Bear with a weather rest. I've had this bow for 37 years and for awhile, I shot it off the shelf but it just performs better with a rest - so I reinstalled a new rest as you describe. I've owned about 20 other bows since I got this old Bear but I'm hunting with it again this fall. Just shoots great.

Never tried one. When the rug wears out I just replace it with seal skin. That’ll last forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
A rest gives you better tuneability and the option to shoot vanes. It can be atad more forgiving if you use a berger button

I’ve shot with a lot of top shooters that both use a rest/berger…and many that don’t. Pinpoint accuracy is a tad better with a rest.

If you use feathers and the arrow tunes…not a huge advantage to a rest.…especially hunting…but its personal preference.

If you use feathers and the arrow tunes…not a huge advantage to a rest.…especially hunting…but its personal preference.
True. I don’t feel like I get any advantage to a rest. My arrows fly fine and I use feathers. What the rest does in my particular case is put the arrow right by my eye, and lets me anchor lower like I prefer. That’s about it, but that’s what makes all the difference to me.

angsBEEF

FNG
I tried searching the forum, with little luck, but does anyone have experience with the AAE Super Flyte rest? Or have a suggestion for a simple screw in rest?

lelliott8

FNG
Wengerd has a video of how to make them on his website. I cant find them on toelkes website but I think I saw a video of Jared using one on his instagram

iashow

WKR
Wengerd has a video of how to make them on his website. I cant find them on toelkes website but I think I saw a video of Jared using one on his instagram
Yes, I have watched that video from Wengerd. It is a good one.