Arrow Noise/Clacking

AZElk

FNG
I have been wondering if anyone has a good solution to reduce the noise of an arrow clacking against the riser while stalking and drawing. I have a Vapor Trail rest so my arrow is in contact with the riser until I draw. The arrow clacks around and makes noise while I draw the bow. I've tried using Plasti Dip spray on the bow and it worked except my fletchings were coming in contact with it and making a distinctive white wear line. I hope someone has a good idea for me to fix this problem or advice on how to reduce it.

Thank you!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mole skin? They also make a camo material that's similar for this purpose

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also if your getting fletching marks on your raiser you need to move your rest and retune your bow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
They sell a closed cell foam, neoprene pad that is 1/16 thick with adhesive on the back, its labeled for archery. you can cut it to fit any riser. I bought a few sections awhile back and it's probably the first thing I install on every bow I buy.

Access Denied

I have a vapor trail limb driver pro v.

Vapor trail sells precut mole skin for the lifter and the inner part of the cage under accessories on their website.

Pro-V Cage Moleskin Replacement (2-pack) - Vapor Trail, Inc. Vapor Trail, Inc.

I hook my index or index and middle finger over my arrow to hold it in the rest when I am walking or stalking. My HOYT has a rubberized surface on the riser do it stays quiet. With felt on the cage and launcher arm my draw is pretty quiet as long as I pull smoothly. It can make some noise if I spaz out.

Look for one of these or something like it.

NAP Quiktune Drop-Away Arrow Holder

I use the one from Trophy Taker and the arrow rests pretty good in it and is quiet. You can move the bow around quite a bit and the arrow stays put.

You could try shooting cock vane left or right depending on your handedness(?) instead of cock vane up.

Cut up some soft material and glue it on with weather strip glue. Last longer than moleskin. Also a arrow holder works pretty good on some setups.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I used to use moleskin everywhere and anywhere the arrow might bounce to and touch on the shelf. Now I use the soft side of industrial Velcro. Seems to last longer and is even more quiet.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would put an arrow holder on the shelf, or use a different rest. I've tried a bunch of rests, but this is the biggest reason why I use the QAD HDx......arrow containment while stalking, walking, or running.

assuming your shooting 3 fletch. Your likely getting vane contact due to shooting cock vane left. Turn the nock so cock vane is UP and this will give you more clearance on the riser.
With cock left, your "bottom" fletch is about 10-15 degrees too low, and at about 5 o'clock. Just set one up that way and look at the difference.
Vanes should look like they are at 12, 4 and 8. o'clock.

Moleskin or fuzzy side of velcro will be great for quieting riser, arrow contact area.