Arrow hitting cable

NMOUTDOOR

FNG
I am shooting Easton 6.5mm-Hunter Classic out of a Hoyt Alpha x 30 and have trouble with the vanes hitting the cable. Has anyone had this issue? Are there recommendations for low profile vanes that work best

I've had trouble with Blazer vanes contacting the cables on some of my bows. Usually rotating the nock 120° to put the cock vane horizontal pointing away from the cables (instead of vertical pointing up) was enough to fix the issue. If that's not enough in your case, there are plenty of medium and low profile vane options out there.

OP
N

NMOUTDOOR

FNG
i have rotated them but i am now running into issue of the vanes touching my face, i may just have to play around with the amount i rotate

Bump79

WKR
I've had trouble with Blazer vanes contacting the cables on some of my bows. Usually rotating the nock 120° to put the cock vane horizontal pointing away from the cables (instead of vertical pointing up) was enough to fix the issue. If that's not enough in your case, there are plenty of medium and low profile vane options out there.
Agreed as always. Look down the arrow and see if you can rotate it to get clearance.

@NMOUTDOOR I'd look at a vane like a Q2i FUSION X-II 2.5" if you're having clearance issues as it is .45" high but still has good steering with is high and back shield cut. You MIGHT get away with a AAE 26 profile like a Max Stealth at .5" high but it might also have clearance.

For a recommendation of a shorter vane, I have been using bohning heat vanes. They are pretty stiff and work better than a lot of other vanes of similar size. They are fine with mechanicals and will work with even larger fixed blades under perfect conditions, but aren't very forgiving with them.

I'd probably stop at around 1 1/8" vented 3 blade with them or the swept Exodus.

JK47

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shooting the same bow and had the same issue with Blazers and Max Stealths. Not as bad with the Stealths. I just rotated the nock a few degrees, just enough for clearance on my cables. I didn’t want to rotate too much, since my arrows were spine aligned with the cock vane. Still shoots bullet holes.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
What is your center shot set to? Can you adjust the roller guard? I had a similar issue on a different bow and the solution was moving my center shot out and tuning with the roller guard.

Reactions: Zac

LTGentry

FNG
I’m shooting an Ax33. Some high profile vanes will hit the cables if you are running them cock vane up. Rotate your cock vane so it is facing away from your riser and you’re good to go. I’ve been able to run Max Hunters just fine with cock vane out. No need to go through the trouble of refletching, but if you wanted to then I would go Max Stealths or Hybrid 26’s.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Vanes hitting face when you rotated the indicator vane out may mean you're shooting too much draw length and anchoring too far back on your face to accommodate.

Many lower profile fletchings will steer a BH fine if you go to a 3" vane. Q2i Griff-X or Fusion x-ii in a 3" vane both come to mind. Most 2" vanes are around .55 to .57 tall. The above vanes will be more like .45" tall or so.