Arken optics SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP Review ***Updated 2/6/23***

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
I received the Arken SH4 for review. My first take was that it was built like a Nightforce and middle-of-the-road priced scope of 900-1500. Once I checked the price was listed under 400 bucks. It came with every product you would need for setting a rifle up for long range. The scope has features everything you would want zero stop, a great reticle, side parallax focus illuminated reticle.

**Update 2/6/23** Arken Optics SH4 Review

Arken optics.jpg

They stand behind their products 100% with our Precision Tracking Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty. They say they are providing an affordable scope that tracks perfectly and performs reliably in all other areas. I have found this to be accurate. I will put up a review shortly.

Arken #2.jpg

Luked

WKR
Rally looking at these also.
Any clue where the glass is from? Japan?

Why would you do that? They have the same funky 8 mil/rev turrets that are just lying in wait to mess with you when you least expect it. Tricky chinese boogers......

ZackP

WKR
Rally looking at these also.
Any clue where the glass is from? Japan?
Chinese glass. Their EP line up features “Japan ED” glass. They’re heavy as sin but the features are great. Turrets are good and zero stop is easiest I’ve ever used. Tracking seemed spot on but I didn’t put a lot on the scope before it was sold.

Very interested in this thread. Just started looking at these bad boys.

How do you think they compare to an SWFA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinese glass. Their EP line up features “Japan ED” glass. They’re heavy as sin but the features are great. Turrets are good and zero stop is easiest I’ve ever used. Tracking seemed spot on but I didn’t put a lot on the scope before it was sold.

The weight appears to be almost the same as a Zeiss Z4 on the web site…did it feel kind of clumsy with its weight? Was it awkward with the knobs?

ZackP

WKR
The weight appears to be almost the same as a Zeiss Z4 on the web site…did it feel kind of clumsy with its weight? Was it awkward with the knobs?

Not at all. I actually really thought it was a well made scope with great turrets and zero stop.

Glass is a win for the SWFA.

Not at all. I actually really thought it was a well made scope with great turrets and zero stop.

Glass is a win for the SWFA.

Dang, hearing that they are well made and tough makes my decision harder.

I have a SWFA fixed 10x and love it. Looking to add a variable for hunting, but the SWFA lack of zero stop is annoying. (Even with the washers I have)

Can’t swing the Z4 price tag so I am trying to decide between another SWFA or these Arkens. Is a zero stop worth having lower quality glass? That is my dilemma..

ZackP

WKR
Dang, hearing that they are well made and tough makes my decision harder.

I have a SWFA fixed 10x and love it. Looking to add a variable for hunting, but the SWFA lack of zero stop is annoying. (Even with the washers I have)

Can’t swing the Z4 price tag so I am trying to decide between another SWFA or these Arkens. Is a zero stop worth having lower quality glass? That is my dilemma..

Glass is essentially a wash. SWFA fixed being preferred. Don’t expect to use the Arken over 12x or 18x.

The zero stop is the best in the business IMO.
I didn’t test the durability. It was on a 6CM for last season. It was much too large and heavy for that rifle.

dlafreni

FNG
I picked up one of the "EP" models a couple months back. It's an absolute boat anchor, but it seems to track well and gets the job done. Like others have said, don't expect it to be great in the higher magnifications.

I hunted with the SH4 6-24x50 last year and it was just fine. Like many others had said only complaint is the weight. I have another one in the ep5 5-25x56 that's going on a 27 Sherman mag build as soon as it's done.

Randfal

FNG
I had one of these come in the shop last year and was impressed. Within a couple weeks I bought one and tried it out on one of the 6XCs I built. I took it to the Bighorns on day trip hunting rock chucks and it worked very well. All shooting was in bright light but the glass was still good thru all power ranges. I had another rifle along with a Sightron SIII 6-24x and the Arken was not as crisp as the Sightron. But its half the cost and still better than the Vortex Diamond Back Tactical 6-24s I have on other guns. So that's not a complaint. I dialed and hit a couple marmots in the low 600yd range from the position pictured below and the scope tracked up and down very good. I even dialed for a couple Hail Mary's at 1200 yds. Wind was too much to make the hit but the tracking for elevation was good. The only downside is this thing is MASSIVE! If it's not mounted to a tactical or chassis mounted gun it'll look grossly disproportioned. It is very heavy, and I ended up moving it to a 300WM that doesn't get carried very far and the weight isn't a much a concern. I also bought Arkens 34mm rings and they were very well made. As expensive as other 34mm rings are, I would not overlook that good value too.

arken1.pngarken 2.jpg

Attachments

• arken 2.jpg
    arken 2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 24