Arizona quail 2024-2025

BBob

WKR
I’ve been seeing good numbers of Gambel’s broods and brood size the last couple of weeks down here in S AZ. Lots of broods from days to a couple of weeks old. Half a dozen or so broods yesterday. I need to get out east and see what the Scalie’s are doing. Hoping for good rains to keep them going.

Anyone else been out? What are you seeing?

Anyone in the southeastern AZ area going out this year? I just moved to the Tucson area and am planning on taking my shotgun for a walk a few times this season, pretty novice when it comes to quail but hunted them a few times in southern NM with success.

Last edited:

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
We go every year. It's a fun hunt and we always get into the Gambels. We did see quite a few early this year out in the deserts, should be a good year for them with all the rain.

OP
B

BBob

WKR
Anyone in the southeastern AZ area going out this year? I just moved to the Tucson area and am planning on taking my shotgun for a walk a few times this season, pretty novice when it comes to quail but hunted them a few times in southern NM with success.
Not from there but likely head that direction at some point. I'll note that towards that way in the higher grassy desert areas you can get into the Scalie's.