Argali Owyhee 1P Tent | What do you wanna know?

OP
Jaden Bales
Has anyone used this tent in ripping wind? How high of wind would you feel good sitting in this tent?
I bet its been in 30 mph with me and was fine. I don't know if any tent is THAT fun in high winds. haha. I'd bet this doesn't shed the wind as good as a Hilleburg. It's just not built for that specific purpose.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I bet its been in 30 mph with me and was fine. I don't know if any tent is THAT fun in high winds. haha. I'd bet this doesn't shed the wind as good as a Hilleburg. It's just not built for that specific purpose.
Good point. I was just curious. I'd like to get this tent to use for myself when I do trips in the Appalachian mtns. I also want to have it so one day so I can go out west and try stuff above the tree lines.

Also, does anyone have a used one they want to sell? ;)

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Well I bit and my Argali Owyhee is inbound. It’s going to miss an upcoming scouting trip by 2 days. I got another trip planned so I’ll use it.

After this Argali tent, it’s on to the Absaroka 4P for the family.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I pulled out my Owyhee this afternoon and seam sealed the tent like Argali says to do in their video. I’m not as good as they are and I needed just a little more to finish it up. I thought I was going to have to seam seal the insert but it’s taped.

After it cured, I set it up twice. I followed Argali’s instructions. I set it up two more times the way Dialed in Hunter said and it was much faster. It seemed to be less stooping and bending. Not to mention it is like 95degF here.

I compared it to my Copper Spur 2P. I think I can set them up in about the same amount of time. The Owyhee sure does pack up smaller. I am going to throw a piece of Tyvek under it. I don’t want any pin holes. I’m also going to pick up some MSR Groundhog stakes for the extra tie-downs.

Overall I can’t wait to use it on a scouting trip/hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0722.jpeg
    IMG_0722.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 11
OP
Jaden Bales
I pulled out my Owyhee this afternoon and seam sealed the tent like Argali says to do in their video. I’m not as good as they are and I needed just a little more to finish it up. I thought I was going to have to seam seal the insert but it’s taped.

After it cured, I set it up twice. I followed Argali’s instructions. I set it up two more times the way Dialed in Hunter said and it was much faster. It seemed to be less stooping and bending. Not to mention it is like 95degF here.

I compared it to my Copper Spur 2P. I think I can set them up in about the same amount of time. The Owyhee sure does pack up smaller. I am going to throw a piece of Tyvek under it. I don’t want any pin holes. I’m also going to pick up some MSR Groundhog stakes for the extra tie-downs.

Overall I can’t wait to use it on a scouting trip/hunt.
Awesome man! Enjoy!

OP
Jaden Bales
I’ve got one headed my way now. Will be using it for mule deer archery in badlands country for 5 days. I will give full review when I get back.
Nice man! Just slept in it in the high country again last weekend. Hope you like it as much as I do!

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I pre order this and planned to use this last year when I spiked up a few nights or so. I ended up killing my bull the 1st evening 2.5 miles away from base camp so didn't even get the chance to try it out. Glad to see a review though.

So, on the days I will be spiking back, I will be running this floorless with a bora bivy, xtherm pad and quilt. Im as excited as the day I preordered this. ;)