Area 419 Hellfire

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
Is this brake quiet enough to hunt with? My wife and daughter shoot a Christensen .300 win. mag but need to use the brake in the field. This brake is advertised as being quiet, is it quiet enough to hunt with? The CA brake cannot be used without plugs.

tak

WKR
No way, definitely plugs. It's heavy too, but effective. It would be a top choice for your purpose though. I really like the self timing mount on the 419 as well.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Hell no. Must use hearing protection with any brake. I have a hellfire on my 308. Just ordered a suppressor for it.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I have a sidewinder for the 300 win mag I am building. I am compromising volume for recoil reduction.

Is this brake quiet enough to hunt with? My wife and daughter shoot a Christensen .300 win. mag but need to use the brake in the field. This brake is advertised as being quiet, is it quiet enough to hunt with? The CA brake cannot be used without plugs.

The word Quiet and Muzzle Brake do not belong in the same sentence unless you're saying that one muzzle brake is quieter at the ear than some other muzzle brake

If you're not using a suppressor, you need hearing protection. #endthread

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome brake but no brake is going to be quiet. You need to use ear protection when shooting with it.

davsco

WKR
where is this thing advertised as being quiet??? it is SUPER loud. but it does an AWESOME job at reducing recoil and muzzle rise. do like i do and wear electronic muffs in the field (i use pro ears 300).

reduces recoil well, but it is the loudest brake I've been around. Could easily feel the overpressure at the indoor range. All brakes are loud at the indoor range, but this one was special.

That being said, I want one on my next threaded barrel.

Unckebob

WKR
reduces recoil well, but it is the loudest brake I've been around. Could easily feel the overpressure at the indoor range. All brakes are loud at the indoor range, but this one was special.

That being said, I want one on my next threaded barrel.
This ^^^^

My Hellfire brake does a great job of mitigating recoil, but I would not like to be anywhere near it (without GOOD earpro) when my rifles go off.

IMO - the best reason for buying one is their outstanding mounting system which allows me to use one brake on multiple rifles I have.

OP
TheWhitetailNut

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I should have clarified: Hellfire match. And when they say "ne extra blast" perhaps they mean over the original Hellfire.

rootacres

WKR
So none of them are quite. Seems the better the brake the louder they get. I would say if possible use ear pro with any brake. That said, in 2021 and 2022 I have use my Area 419 Hellfire in hunting situations without ear pro. In 2021 I was prone between two boulders, shot 2 rounds, and my ears felt it. In 2022 I shot 2 rounds standing off a tripod. I was at the bottom of a canyon shooting up. It was loud but I wouldn't say it was any worse than another magnum rife.

Not sure if you're in need of a 30 cal Hellfire brake but I have one listed in the classifieds. I like the brake but am in process of having an SRS brake turned down and blended to my barrel. Don't need this one anymore.