Are you looking for a SXS, trailer, camper, boat, etc?

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
So, I recently discovered this website...https://www.crankyape.com

I was a bit skeptical at first, like everything, but I wanted to advise all of you on my personal experience. This is an auction website, so everything is paid for with cash, credit card, etc. Many of the items are consignments, repossessions, etc. They have some listings with financing, but not a ton from what I see. Anyways, I recently won an auction for a 2024 16" enclosed trailer for 3-4K less than what they go for brand new. The only damage was a slighted bent fender edge from hitting something, but other than that it's clean. Paid cash, received the title, and they brought it out to the parking lot. Hooked it up and away I went.

Like any auction, it's buy as is with no warranties. After going through the website, they do a pretty decent job with photos, listing issues, and telling you the state of the title (clear, total loss, etc.) They also provide 3rd party folks that you can use to inspect a unit before placing a bid.

I was watching a few of the camper auctions (that's going to be my next thing I try to snag up). Guys are getting absolutely killer deals on 1-3 year old campers with clean titles. I'm talking 5K - 10K (even more than that) cheaper than private sellers or dealers.

They have several different locations. One in Minnesota, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, and a few in Texas. It's a legit operation as long as you do the research and know what you are bidding on. My experience was fantastic and I will certainly be bidding on more stuff.

Cheers,

-Tyler

IMG_2240.jpeg

Last edited:

Shadow14

WKR
I visit some other auction sites often that I wont name and have had good success but have never head of this... im interested though skeptical as some of these prices seem too god to be true...

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
I visit some other auction sites often that I wont name and have had good success but have never head of this... im interested though skeptical as some of these prices seem too god to be true...
Many of the auctions start ramping up the day prior and the day of closing. I went to the Minnesota location and it’s a legit business. Large warehouse with a huge yard filled with trailers, campers, etc.

There were 4-5 trucks there with me right after they opened on Saturday picking up trailers and campers.

Keep in mind, the trailer I snagged had an initial bid 1.3K lower than what I got it for. Guys can do absentee bidding. Basically they put in 2K as the high bid and then put in there they are willing to pay 4K for it. You see 2K and start bidding…and the guy willing to pay more automatically out bids you. You continue that until you outbid what they are willing to pay. In took me about 10 bids of failing to outbid before I finally outbid the initial high bidder.

I have no affiliation with this company. I’m just telling people about my in person experience. The place in Minnesota literally looked like a dealership for preowned stuff. I was surprised by it to be honest, as I’m as skeptical as they come.

Take it for what it’s worth to you.

Last edited:

Shadow14

WKR
Many of the auctions start ramping up the day prior and the day of closing. I went to the Minnesota location and it’s a legit business. Large warehouse with a huge yard filled with trailers, campers, etc.

There were 4-5 trucks there with me right after they opened on Saturday picking up trailers and campers.

Keep in mind, the trailer I snagged had an initial bid 1.3K lower than what I got it for. Guys can do absentee bidding. Basically they put in 2K as the high bid and then put in there they are willing to pay 4K for it. You see 2K and start bidding…and the guy willing to pay more automatically out bids you. You continue that until you outbid what they are willing to pay. In took me about 10 bids of failing to outbid before I finally outbid the initial high bidder.

I have no affiliation with this company. I’m just telling people about my in person experience. The place in Minnesota literally looked like a dealership for preowned stuff. I was surprised by it to be honest, as I’m as skeptical as they come.

Take it for what it’s worth to you.
Ok that is good to hear!Ill save it and keep my eye out for some deals.

Preciate the heads up!