Are diesel engines overrated?

I have a Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel and love it. Like others have said, if you’re not towing heavy trailers around, it’s probably not for you. Some guys will try to argue that they can get 500,000 on a diesel truck and while that’s true - it would be cheaper to get the gas version and upgrade once. Ymmv.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I broke my rule. Said I would never sell my 07 and a local guy offered me more then I even though was possible for the truck. Put 120k on it and sold it 2 days ago for more then I paid for it brand new. Insaneeeee. Went out and paid cash for a brand new F150 ecoboost. Hopefully it treats me just as well.

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
If there were a rig to compete with my powerstroke excursion which can haul 7 people plus gear and not know there's a 16k trailer behind AND get 12-15mpg doing it.....I'd consider.
Must have some good mods done to handle well at 5,000lbs over tow capacity.

SwiftShot

WKR
My F350 is awesome. Got the Tremor package with the Diesel. If I drive normal it gets me 18 to 21 depending on speed. No complaints. Hauling farm equipment around and big goosenecks it is thebway to go. In a field that is a little soft, well that front end weight can become a problem. I wouldn’t want a gaser. Picking up a 5th wheel soon to start touring the country.

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I ve owned both gas and diesels. It’s nice having the power to pull stuff as fast as you want up hill and in the wind.

An old man once told me “Horse power is like sex too much is almost enough.”