Archery West Desert, West General season Utah

I just looked into my application history and it said that i successfully drew Archery West Desert West. This unit is along the border of Nevada. I am new to this desert hunting stuff. I have killed all of my deer in thick oak brush and pine trees along with quakies. I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. The hunt runs early so it will still be super hot. I figured I would need to try and find water. I have done quite a bit of E-scouting and it looks like there is a stretch of Pines and quakies on the far west side of the unit. I was also thinking I could hunt along toward the east side and see if I could get any big buck genetics from the Vernon unit. I will film the hunt and post it on my youtube channel @THEYOUNGHUNTERS and I figured I would make filming solo easy if I found a water hole to sit midday. I’d be up to spike camping if anyone thinks that is a good idea. Wish me luck

Very hard unit to hunt. Deep Creek Mtn Range is where most hunt in the unit. Deer can be found in lower elevations, and flats. It just takes a lot of time to turn them up. Good luck on this unit. Lots of hunters, and low deer numbers. Try to get out and scout as much as possible. I look forward hearing how it goes. A quick search on youtube, and I could not find your page.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a good number of units that are easy to draw in Utah, hopefully they aren’t all crap.
I have hunted a bunch of them. I usually have fun and have chances to punch a tag if I want to. Finding a buck older than 3 years old and killing it can be a challenge. After this last winter it's going to likely be pretty hard to find a mature buck on most units north of Fillmore

I have hunted that unit many times. Had dedicated hunter out there a # of years back. Took my biggest buck ever, but that's not saying much (26" 3 point). The last year of dedicated we had a group of 7 guys with tags and we were not picky. We filled one tag. Between the reservation and what appears to be dwindling deer populations that's a difficult unit.