Archery Elk Unit 44 Idaho

Saw some dandy bulls, and some big herds. Only had shots at smaller bulls, passed up early opportunities. Did not see the noted 5-10 bulls a day but also stalked a lot. Spent time in the west half of unit. Less pressure and i saw bigger bulls there. Lots of deer hunters about. Also fair number of rifle hunters scouting in September.Still, tag soup for me. I drew again for archery this season hope to build on what I learned in2019.

Recap on September 2021 Archery HUnt.

It was awesome, saw and was into bulls most days, lots of encounters. Unfortunately I did not fill my tag. I did have two shots, but did not connect. The people we met, the weather , the total number of animals of all kinds, the camp, I could not of asked for a better month of hunting. Even felt like I got in shape, as a senior it is not so trivial a thing. Thanks for all the help I received on this forum and in the field.

Not quite sure how I stumbled onto this thread as I don’t frequent the “elk” talk much but isn’t it funny how people ask for info then don’t post any kind of follow up when asked how it went? Shit blows me away, anyhow carry on, it can be a good hunt.
100% Juan I agreee

Back