Archery Elk Co

OP
GL ==———>
I had a good thing in CO. An OTC unit that produced elk or opportunities ever year I went. For me. Not counting the friends that were in our group when we started in 2006. It was very good to us all. But, there is always a dumbass in any group. Even in small hunting groups.

One of the original group took 14 people to our honey hole last year. 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of his co workers and family. They killed some elk too. I feel like killing him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point is, pm CO residents these questions. Don’t ask on an open forum. I wouldn’t expect anyone to put on the World Wide Web that kind of info.
I know the feeling, I had this happen back when I lived in WA. Quickest way to end a friendship. I’ve only taken a couple people to my OTC spots, but am always worried about this same thing. Never hurts to have backup spots.

OP
GL ==———>
Thanks everyone for the info. As far as my research into these two units, it’s pretty minimal up till now. Had a buddy get a bull in 76 last year, so picking his brain. Haven’t stepped foot in either one. Put a lot of time into OTC spots.
I like the remoteness of 76. Leaning that way. That would give me a year or 2 to get some scouting trips in down there before I draw. I do love the scouting. Then I can plan out time off work better as well.

Thanks everyone for the info. As far as my research into these two units, it’s pretty minimal up till now. Had a buddy get a bull in 76 last year, so picking his brain. Haven’t stepped foot in either one. Put a lot of time into OTC spots.
I like the remoteness of 76. Leaning that way. That would give me a year or 2 to get some scouting trips in down there before I draw. I do love the scouting. Then I can plan out time off work better as well.
I guess it depends on how close your friend is. Having prior year info (if he shares) would be a no brainer for me.

Ddubs20

FNG
I hate seeing unit numbers on the forums. I hate hearing the unit numbers talked about in podcasts (Jay Scott )

Why cant it be..."hey all, looking for general info and tips on the southwestern region in CO, or south central, any ideas on terrain, pressure, etc?" Just be general in the question and then take that info and apply it to what you already know and learn.

Enjoy the hunt
I agree with the above. It's sad that people monetize their knowledge and spread it all over youtube, so they can generate ad revenue for themselves while potentially screwing over all the other residents that hunt these areas. Lately there's been a lot of draw strategy talk. If your not smart enough to figure it out for yourself, tough luck. But now OnX, go hunt, etc, are all willing to sell info to subscribers.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quit ruining my honey holes man! That and 104 are all I have left… there are some good wallows by the platte/ Speer Blvd that only a few people know about
I’ll hook you up with my spot near colfax and sheridan, plenty of creatures there.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’ll hook you up with my spot near colfax and sheridan, plenty of creatures there.
Used to live just north of there, lots of non typical’s for sure, but the real honey hole is sloans lake dog walking on a warm spring day haha 😂

m4ddis

FNG
I had a good thing in CO. An OTC unit that produced elk or opportunities ever year I went. For me. Not counting the friends that were in our group when we started in 2006. It was very good to us all. But, there is always a dumbass in any group. Even in small hunting groups.

One of the original group took 14 people to our honey hole last year. 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of his co workers and family. They killed some elk too. I feel like killing him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point is, pm CO residents these questions. Don’t ask on an open forum. I wouldn’t expect anyone to put on the World Wide Web that kind of info.
I second that ^