Archery Elk Arizona 2020

Poltbm

FNG
Post if you’ve drawn. I’m offering up my experience free of charge (20 years between NM and AZ). I wanna get out and camp/hunt! None of my family drew this year. I‘ve got me (I’ll provide my sustenance). This is a passion for me.

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
I was fortunate enough to draw a tag this year. Getting pretty excited.

Last edited:

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Sounds like an opportunity for someone. I drew an Unit 27 archery tag, but I am going to hunt with Hunt Hard Outfitters. It takes too many years to draw a tag for me to not use an outfitter.

OP
P

Poltbm

FNG
Sounds like an opportunity for someone. I drew an Unit 27 archery tag, but I am going to hunt with Hunt Hard Outfitters. It takes too many years to draw a tag for me to not use an outfitter.
Excellent! Congrats on the tag! They’re hard to come by, regardless of unit.

27’s a good one!

Last edited:
OP
P

Poltbm

FNG
I was fortunate enough to draw a 4a tag this year. Getting pretty excited.
Congrats on the draw! I can commit to either an early or late hunt at this point. Let me know if you‘d like some help!

jaeger63

FNG

Hi,
Im Tony Cleveland from Colorado Springs. Id sure like to hear how your elk hunt goes this year in AZ unit 27. That's the unit I have my eye on as well. I currently have 16 points and I'm hoping to catch it in the next couple of years, possibly in 2021. If you don't mind my asking how many points did it take you, or did you draw in the random pass?

dtrkyman

WKR
27 is good, I was deer hunting in there last September and couldn’t get away from those stinking elk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Got a unit 1 archery tag in my pocket heading out sept 5. I’ll be there until the end or I kill

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Hi,
Im Tony Cleveland from Colorado Springs. Id sure like to hear how your elk hunt goes this year in AZ unit 27. That's the unit I have my eye on as well. I currently have 16 points and I'm hoping to catch it in the next couple of years, possibly in 2021. If you don't mind my asking how many points did it take you, or did you draw in the random pass?

I had 18 points so I drew in the point draw. Terrible point creep going on. I understand that there are some games being played in the draw process that hopefully will be rectified in near future. I understand that there are carryover bulls because of the late season weather and the moisture was very good when needed. I'm hoping that the antler growth will be good.

Finally got my new bow last week (ordered in mid-March) that was delayed due to rona. The new bows are incredible. I went with the Matthews VXR 31.5 at 70 lbs. First pin is set for 30 yards. Fast and Flat shooting. Using a 7 pin Spott Hogg Hunter so not sure where the last pin will be. I have some Evolution Outdoors Hyde broadheads on the way. I want to see how they shoot and might end up with something else.

I'm picky so it is going to be big or nothing. That's what make it hard as not very many places offer a decent chance of finding the big bulls (375+) or you are going to pay dearly to buy a tag/hunt.

Tony, if I forget to post something or get back to you, please let me know around the 1st of October.

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Got a unit 1 archery tag in my pocket heading out sept 5. I’ll be there until the end or I kill

Good luck, I will be just south of you in 27. I haven't decided whether I am leaving on the 6th or the 7th. Going to be picking up a bunch of elevation so I want at least a couple days to acclimate.

jaeger63

FNG
tstowater,
Man I'm excited for you! Ive heard 27 is a unit that you can backpack into and get away from the roads. Thats the main reason I have my eye on it. I don't like seeing another human being when I'm hunting. It sounds like you have your goal set pretty high and hopefully you either meet or exceed it. My best bull so far is only a 325 so if and when I draw I want set mine quite as high as yours. To me a 350 class bull with a bow is an outstanding trophy no matter the unit. Best of luck to you!!!

jaeger63

FNG
bowhunt,
Congrats on your tag. Ive heard unit 1 is one of the best in the state. I figure I'm so far behind that one I'm not even considering it. Best of luck to you and please post a pic of the monster I hope you get!!

OP
P

Poltbm

FNG
I have a 3B late muzzleloader tag if you don’t have Thanksgiving plans.
My cousin drew the late archery hunt in November (7 West). I’ll be helping him out then, but if plans change, I’ll definitely let you know! I’m Jonesing to chase em in September during the rut!

TacoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a pretty incredible offer!!

I’ve got a unit 10 early archery tag. Luckily I’ve been talking to some guys that have hunted this tag before. Also have a buddy that took a week off for my hunt.

OP
P

Poltbm

FNG
That’s a pretty incredible offer!!

I’ve got a unit 10 early archery tag. Luckily I’ve been talking to some guys that have hunted this tag before. Also have a buddy that took a week off for my hunt.

Unit 10 is Phenomenal!! I hit the lottery & drew the late archery hunt in 10 in 2015! Amazing hunt! PM me if you’d like & I can help you out with some info.