ARC CDG "pivot" question

MayDae

FNG
I've seen a bunch of youtube videos and read into a few forum discussions, but I can't seem to find out what exactly the pivoting bolt handle does?
Does it make the extractor cinch down on the brasshead? Or is it some kind of cammed wedge it presses onto for easier extraction? Some insight would be appreciated.

khuber84

WKR
It aids in the extraction of a sticky case. I have an Archimedes and a couple CDG actions. In my use, it's totally unnecessary to have the pivot, as I don't run stuff warm enough to have a case stick in the chamber. Ted is all about innovation and adding features that may(or likely not) be beneficial. I do love their mbrace rings/mounts tho! My archimedes is the smoothest running action I own, and I've owned a LOT of em. I need to try and find another second hand.

OP
M

MayDae

FNG
Thank you both for sharing your insights and experiences. I think I have a good idea of how the pivot knob works now. I run loads a bit warm, and I think it would be a pretty cool and novel thing to have. I think I'm going to look for a second hand one as well so that it's not so price prohibitive to get into the full build.