AR barrel brand

I might want to replace the cheap 6.5cm barrel with something better.
Im looking for feedback on brands/profile.
Its going to be suppressed always.
Its going to be fed 147gr eldm off the shelf primarily.

Plenty of options for you either way, carbon or steel. Proof carbon can be had for cheap on the forums. I've bought plenty cheaper than retail, guess they were table prizes. Proof does make steel barrels as well.

Plenty of options for you either way, carbon or steel. Proof carbon can be had for cheap on the forums. I've bought plenty cheaper than retail, guess they were table prizes. Proof does make steel barrels as well.

I was looking at there options. $650 steel vs $1050 carbon.
Is proof considered top tier?

Im not a great shooter yet, but i want to be. I want to be able to go grow into its ability.

A Bartlein from someone like Compass Lake would be an excellent option. JP is another one that immediately comes to mind.

I’ve been extremely pleased with Rainier Arms barrels. While I don’t have a 6.5cm I have one of their match grade 300 blackout barrels and it’s more accurate then I am.

Rainier 6.5CM

Faxon, Rainer arms, KAC, Daniel Defense take your pick all are extremely high quality barrels all depends on what you want to spend honestly I wouldnt touch a proof. I've had 4 buddies do builds with them and they didnt last as well as didnt have that overwhelmingly great of accuracy all were carbons and each guy went to faxon or Rainer arms afterwords I have run all of the above and most of my builds wind up with a faxon anymore absolutely amazing quality and extremely affordable have yet to have a rifle perform worse than moa and most have been down around .5-.75 with them.

There’s such a variety of configurations among many high quality brands that I choose based on which offers the profile, length, gas length, fluting, threading, etc that I’m looking for.

Edit: …and what’s on sale/least expensive to break a tie!

Back