Appropriate velocity sst 300gr/bh209

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I've been trying to find an appropriate elk load for my cva Optima muzzleloader. Getting really good groups with 300 grain Hornady SST 45 Cal in a 50 cal sabot.
I went to the range today and Chrono my shots with 110 grains of Black Horn. At about 2100 fps will I get good expansion on elk and bear with this bullet? I can't find any info on ideal velocity for that hornady bullet.
b5b77ddc734f1fd386133f8d1c8e6999.jpg

I shot a bull in Utah in 2015 with the 300gr SSTs out of a TC Omega with 130gr of pellets. First shot was at 165yds slight quarter to and a good grade down hill, I hit him high in the shoulder on the left side through the scapula and into the lungs but he didn’t go down so my second shot as he was trying to walk out was broadside at the same range and went behind the same shoulder and the bullet was in the meat of his right shoulder. My 3rd shot went into his neck to anchor him. Both the neck shot bullet and the second bullet in his shoulder were beat up a little from the bone but had great expansion in my opinion. I saved the bullets but don’t know where they’ve ended up after the years. Basically you should be fine, I never got speeds off of my loads but I’ll bet I was under 2k FPS

Thanks. Can you point me to any references that confirm optimal velocities for expansion? Like what's the low end?
Good question - I don’t know that I’ve seen that published anywhere. Here is a pretty low velocity (50 grV Bh209 powder) test.